Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have I mentioned how much I dislike my family:(

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:37 AM
  • 3 Replies

Sorry this isn't going to be much more than me venting & bitching about the fact that I don't understand why I make such an effort with my family since they always make it so freaking obvious that they will never do the same for me.

My sister is getting married tomorrow & I am having my other sister's baby shower on Saturday. I had talked to both sisters about going shopping for some last minute things & getting pedicures together. I asked my mom if she would be able to watch my kids while we went & she said that was fine. This was all worked out over the past weekend.

Fast forward to last night, we had dinner at my mom's house before we went out for my sister's bachelorette party. At dinner, my sister (the one who is pregnant) asked my mom if she wanted to go shopping & everything with us. My mom hates shopping & doesn't like doing the whole nail thing so at first she says no(which is why I didn't ask her in the first place).

So she calls me this morning & tells me that she's changed her mind, that she wants to go with my sister's this afternoon & that I need to find another babysitter b/c she can't do it now. Well of course I can't find another babysitter in an hour & a half. So I get to not go to something that I  planned in the first place. And yes, I understand that my mom doesn't have to babysit for me & that she is doing me a favor but she knew the reason she was watching them in the first place. She could have told me no then, that she wanted to go & given me time to find someone else to watch my kids.

Oh & my sisters now are acting like I'm being a bitch b/c I won't take my kids with me to do all this stuff or that I won't call anyone else to watch them. This is just going to be a fabulous weekend:)

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
fallen018
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:17 AM

ugh I understand how you feel...she definately could of let you know with more time but remember unless your sisters have kids their not going to get how hard it is to find someone on short notice like that...hmm what about DH can he watch them?

i.heart.rachel
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Ugh. What bitches. Especially your mother. Sounds like something MINE would do.

trishasjunebug
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:25 AM

That's really unfair on your part...she told you she would watch them, and she was even asked if she wanted to come along and still said no...then all the sudden changes her mind...that's just wrong...is there any way you can get a friend or other family member to watch your child for you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)