• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoption, Not only is it FREE but you get Paid to do it. Ask anything (EDIT in blue)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:11 AM
  • 104 Replies

I Adopted through foster care. It is the best thing I have ever done! There are allot of misconceptions out there and I would love to answer any questions I can. My children have 4 years of College PAID FOR. We get a monthly check until they are 18. They have Free Medical and Dental until they are 21. We got a life time of love delivered to our door :0) Ask away.........

simple smile

I thought this made a good point. I was not aware of this. Thank you >>burch731!

It is so important that you don't dive in blind! Ask questions and demand answers. Thank you ladies :0)

• by burch731
  • Just a small side note to any of those that read this post & think that every foster kid is free to adopt or that you will get monetary incentives to adopt I just wanted to let you all know that this is not always the case.  I have adopted 3 kids from foster care & I do not receive any type of assistance, not money, not health ins, not college ~ nothing!!!  And it also was not free for me to adopt either ~ I paid for my own paperwork costs, court costs & lawyer each time.  Different states have different rules & some can even vary from county to county & it is also based on a case by base basis on each child's adoption.  I just wanted to throw that in there because the way that the OP states it makes it sound like it's FREE & there are all these incentives which is not always the case

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-10):
    Plus-size-mommy
    by StarBaby on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Yep, my husband and I are looking into this through a private agency that deals with the foster kids in our area. This is a great way to adopt a kid because "regular" adoption is so darn expensive!

jrsmama0906
    by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Was it hard? Does your child have a lot of problems? I've thought of doing this.

sillytime
    by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:15 AM

This is true! Good luck :0) Are you getting a baby?

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

Yep, my husband and I are looking into this through a private agency that deals with the foster kids in our area. This is a great way to adopt a kid because "regular" adoption is so darn expensive!

luv_my_xiya
    by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:16 AM

why is is free to adopt through foster care but so expensive to just adopt a child the regular way...oh whats the difference exactly

sillytime
    by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:20 AM

It was The HARDEST most REWARDING thing I have ever done. My children are PERFECT ;0) When you become a foster parent You can choose the level of care you are willing to provide. I was a Medical Foster Parent and The hardest case I had was my daughter, she as Asthma. That's not so bad. My friend however takes newborns that are hooked up to machines all day. She is a lot braver then me. Like I said you do NOT have to take any child you are not comfortable taking.

Quoting jrsmama0906:

Was it hard? Does your child have a lot of problems? I've thought of doing this.

awgarcia
    by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:20 AM

my biggest reservation would be the waiting...my dh aunt adopted through foster care but she spent a year wondering if the bm would be able to have him back.  I would get really emotionally attached and I don't think I could handle surrendering the child, if I had to.  How did that work for you?  Are all 3 of your adopted this way?  Were they adopted as babies? 

omgamomie
    by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:21 AM

bump

tiffanymartinez
    by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Kudos to you! I think Foster care should be the first place ppl look. There so overflowing with kids!

i.heart.rachel
    by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:22 AM

If I had a bigger house, I'd foster-adopt!

Jillian_Alexis
    by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:24 AM

My parents were foster parents for years.  I remember when I was in jr high and high school, we had several kids at our home.  They have adopted 3 boys and they are great.  My parents loved doing foster care.  It takes a special family to be foster parents....it isn't easy and not always rewarding, but knowing you did something to help is awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)