Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bottle...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:33 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: so wht age did u take the bottle?

Options:

before 1st bday

13 months

14 months

15months

16 months

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

dd turned one yesterday. she hasnt had a bottle or formula in a little over a week....my mom says shes still a baby and needs it...i say she is fine w/o it. the doc says i done great gettin her off when i did. out of curiosity and so i can show my mom what age was your lo off the bottle?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaToSam
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM

DD is almost 21 months and gets a bottle with milk about once a day. Usually in the morning or in the evening right before bed and brushing her teeth. I only give it to her when she specifically asks for it "ba-ba" so she is basically self-weaning, which gives me a peace of mind.

If she doesn't specifically ask for it, she gets the sippy or a cup with a straw.

SamiJ18
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:36 AM

My daughter was off the bottle at about 10 months.  I put formula in her sippy cup.  I didn't have to take it from her though.  She liked her sippy cups lol.

southernjess3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM

both my kids bottles were gone at 9 months

oboe_chik
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM

DD gave it away right at her first bday. DS held onto the bottle as long as he could lol. He was probably 18 mo before I just had to throw them all away to get him off it. He was only getting water in them at night but he wouldn't take a pacifier.

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

Schleetle
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I don't remember when my boys were off the bottle (they are 7yrs old now), but I think it was sometime around a year old.

picayunemom26
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:41 AM

one at 8 months, one at 6 months, and 1 at around 9 months.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Happy Birthday to the little one!!! I'm a bad mommy..lol My oldest was 16 months did fine with a sippy. My 2nd was 3 and my 3rd was 2 1/2 yes I know shame on me..lol And my 4th still gets a bottle during nap and at night she is a little over 2 and my 11 month old get one still. I wait till they are 100% ready to "let go" but that is just my parenting style..

maxensmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:47 AM

my son lost interest in the bottle at 11 months. he was all excited about big boy cups.

TessB
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Can I ask why you are supposed to take the bottle away at a certain time?

ETA-is that formula too or do they get formula after 1 in a sippy?

Proud Army Wife to Josh and mother to 3 beautiful boys...
Hayden David June 2001
Brodie Nicholas December 2004
Seth Justin July 07, 2009

SxyPanamami83
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:53 AM

i refuse to have a big kid on a bottle so the day of her first birthday the bottle was gone. no ifs and or buts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)