• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have to use a carseat in a taxi? Dont bash

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:33 AM
  • 57 Replies

Does your child have to be in a carseat when in a taxi?  We are taking a taxi to the airport and I wasnt planning on bringing the carseat with me because I dont want to haul it at the airport and pay for it to be checked.  My parents will have a carseat there for us when we arrive.  It is about 15 minutes to the airport.  Please dont bash me, I dont know why I just assumed there were no laws on carseats in taxi's but now that I think of it a taxi driver can wreck just as much as the next person so there shouldn't be a difference. 

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv_my_xiya
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:33 AM

no clue...but you dont have to pay for a carseat to be checked

poshkat
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM

i know some taxi companies will be able to provide you with a car seat, im wondering the same thing myself since we are taking a taxi to the train station tomorrow.

picayunemom26

No Bashing here. I think most Taxis have Carseats.

amanda357

She is on a convertible seat.  What if it gets beat up badly or it breaks?  What do I do? They are rough with that stuff.

adri_nevarez
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I am not bashing... in fact I asked the same question once.  However, a carseat can also be useful in an airplane because your child is used to taking trips in it so it will be a comfort zone and they will know that they can't be in and out. 

amanda357
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Really?  I will look into that.  Thank you.

Quoting picayunemom26:

No Bashing here. I think most Taxis have Carseats.

Rebeccaroe
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I think you can call and make sure they have on in the taxi they send for you.  We have trax a public transportation and if you tell them ahead of time they bring carseats.

amanda357
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM

You have to buy another seat though, wouldn't you?

Quoting adri_nevarez:

I am not bashing... in fact I asked the same question once.  However, a carseat can also be useful in an airplane because your child is used to taking trips in it so it will be a comfort zone and they will know that they can't be in and out. 

MommaToSam
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I live in NYC and we have thousands of cabs in the city, and I've never seen anyone use a carseat in them. Most rides are within 5 miles or so, altho that doesn't really make it OK not to use one. I often wondered why the subways or buses here don't have any seatbelts or carseat buckles.

Good question OP.....

ABMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I brought my Car Seat with us in the taxi, labeled it, and then when they picked us up from the airport they brought it back again so we could use it. I called ahead of time to check and see what I should do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)