Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bath time

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

So for a while now bath time has been a crying fit.  I don't know what has happened but my son does not like taking a bath anymore.  I know other moms have gone through this or are going through something similar.  Jake has never been one to sit and play for a while but he won't even sit down anymore he just wants to stand, he hates showers we tried that, I just don't know what to do.  He has to get clean somehow!!!!  

HELP

Ashley  Mommy to Jake                                 boy on a swing

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
isra1986
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Is he 2?
This seems to be a common thing with 2 year olds. My DD loves it if I just let her sit and play, but if I try to wash her hair, it's a LOUDS SCREAMING FIT! Lol!
I have no advice because I am right there with you!

Momyplease
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Quoting ash1106:

So for a while now bath time has been a crying fit.  I don't know what has happened but my son does not like taking a bath anymore.  I know other moms have gone through this or are going through something similar.  Jake has never been one to sit and play for a while but he won't even sit down anymore he just wants to stand, he hates showers we tried that, I just don't know what to do.  He has to get clean somehow!!!!  

HELP

I had that with my son when he was 2.5 . what i did is I got this huge huge huge metal mixing bowl that he fit into and I putt water in it with some bubble and I told him that is his marry go around he sett in it and spun himself about and about like a washing machine. And after time wanted to get into the tub and so on. Worked for him. I still tell him. Lets go play washing machine When we go take a bath.

wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Can you get one of those shower heads that detach with a hose.  You could bring it down to his level, might not be as scary.

SamiJ18
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM

My daughter hates it when the water goes over her head.  she flips out and starts screaming crying.  I don't know what could have hapened to make her afraid of water going over her head because she has always been a little mermaid...

You could try getting him a new bath toy?  My daughter loves the letters that stick to the side of the tub.  Bath crayons are really fun too.  Maybe get some bath fizzers in his favorite color? 

ash1106
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Thanks everyone!  He's 3 I have been trying to bribe him with fruit snacks and M&M's but I think I may have to try the bath toy but I dunno.  He just helped me pick out his new shampoo/bodywash and he was excited about it then we got home and not so much anymore.  He is hiding under a blanket right now becasue of bath time........frustratedconfused

Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Have you tried bubbles? I honestly don't know anything else to suggest because my DD has always loved baths. She is constantly asking me to take a bubble bath, lol.

ash1106
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Yep bubbles in every bath, even his favorite character bubbles

Ashley  Mommy to Jake                                 boy on a swing

mom_love07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I haven't had to deal with that yet. my daughter hates having her hair washed and rinsed off. but she only ever cries about that when she is really tired.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)