• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you send your kids to school if?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:13 AM
  • 24 Replies

If they woke up in the middle of the night and threw up....but they aren't sick? You know when your kid throws up, but it's just because of something they ate.

My son is home today, but I know he doesn't need to be. It's kind of aggregating, lol.

So I wonder how many would just send them?

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I wouldn't. I would keep him home.

I know that when I wake up in the middle of the night and throw up, no matter what the reason, I still feel icky in the morning.

imthatgirl728
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I'm wishing I had sent him. He is perfectly fine. He didn't feel icky this morning ar anything.

Quoting krystlzd3:

I know that when I wake up in the middle of the night and throw up, no matter what the reason, I still feel icky in the morning.

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

kmab0629
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I keep my kiddo home.. he did that last month.. puke was everywhere.. and I'm talking everywhere.. my poor kiddo, I didn't know he could barf that much :(

But yeah normally my throat is somewhat sore the following day so if I feel bad, then I'd think he would too.

stefvan
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Yes, because sometimes it could just be from something they ate not digesting right.  Also, my son has a sensitive gag reflex.  If he coughs hard, he throws up sometimes.  Even his teacher and school nurse know that and don't even bother to call me anymore.

RiverPhenix
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM

It would depend how they felt in the morning. From what you posted I would have sent them.

ashandryzmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I wouldn't.

scootermom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Quoting krystlzd3:

amayabrianna
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:28 AM

I usually give them the option to go or not. If I know it was because of something they ate then they will usually go. My DDs LOVE school and won't miss it unless they really really don't feel well.

Melame68

i would

Auroranae

The voice of a school nurse here ( well I was one about 15 years ago but anyway...) most schools have a criteria they use and it's the one I tell moms to use too...

Temp of 100 or above- stay home

Vomiting- uncontrolled not just once cuz they ate a pound of chocolate or drank a liter of soda kind- stay home

coughing- as in it sounds like a lung is coming loose or they sound like a dog barking- stay home--- and get him to a Doc ASAP!

These are pretty much the guidelines most schools use. There are exceptions like with ANY eye redness, drainage or swelling... that's a home right a away and a note from Doc to return .

And with open sores... God help you if your kid has psoriasis or eczema cus the school nurse will call and demand you come get them because they have a contagious skin disease.... not contagious but they never listen! Been there, done that.

So--- next time ,send him to school. If he really is sick, they'll be calling to let you know. If he isn't then he won't have missed a day and you will not have spent that day wishing you had sent him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)