Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VERY IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR FAMILY!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM
  • 32 Replies

Please pass this on!!! This is very important and very scary!!!

I was on facebook earlier, and I saw one of my friends status updates about this website. She said she typed in her name, and ALL of her info showed up. Where she lives now, where she used to live, pictures of her and her family, an ADDRESS, a TELEPHONE NUMBER!! All from typing in a name.

So, I went in and I checked it out for myself. Low and behold...I type my name in...and there is some of my information there! Pictures, addresses I used to live at, social networks I am a part of. Now...some of the information is innaccurate...for example, I typed in my mothers name...and it said she was African American. So not the case. And it said I didn't have any children. I have 2. But still, this is very bad and very very upsetting!!!

There is only so much that we can do!! The site is spokeo.com

If you go in there and type in your information, you can have whatever is ON THAT SITE removed. This WILL NOT remove the information that someone already has, who put it on that site. But something is better than nothing. If you look on the page, in the bottom right corner, there is an option that says Privacy. CLICK ON THIS TO REMOVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU WANT!!

PLEASE please please!! Pass this on!!!!!

*THIS IS FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE NOT HEARD OF THIS YET!! IF YOU HAVE SEEN THIS, THEN MOVE ALONG. NO NEED TO POST A RUDE COMMENT. AND I AM AWARE SOME OF THE INFORMATION IS INNACCURATE. BUT SOME OF IT IS NOT. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!!!*

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fairymom1981
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I checked out the site the other day and most of mine and my familys info thats on there is completely wrong. But I am having it removed anyway!

SugarGuru
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:18 AM

ya, you're the 17th person to tell us...... we get it, if you're in the phonebook or have ever used your social, you're easily attainable...

guess what, you can be found by anyone at any time....if you told me your information (like your name and city too) just like on spokeo...i can hop on my ipod and do a full background check for free

fallnangel93
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I saw a post about this the other day, so I went to check it out. they had my current address, a pic of my house, and my parents house where I used to live. I deleted both of them. BUt thanks for reminding me, I need to go back and delete dh's info...I could only do two per day.

skeletor1017
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Everyone already knows about this site. Sorry to burst your bubble.

chelleybeans
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM

According to that site I don't exist! I must be lucky! And my hubby still lives w/ his mom and is in his 40's! BWAHAHAHA! My hubby is barely 23 and owns a home!!!!!!!!!!

flmom81206
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM

you don't have to be rude...i'm just informing everyone. There are some that might not know about this. And if you already did...then move along.  

Quoting SugarGuru:

ya, you're the 17th person to tell us...... we get it, if you're in the phonebook or have ever used your social, you're easily attainable...

guess what, you can be found by anyone at any time....if you told me your information (like your name and city too) just like on spokeo...i can hop on my ipod and do a full background check for free

jajumommy2000
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Wow my name wasnt found!!! I even tried my married name and nada!!

Joeysmom6
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM
My name and STREET where i lived 5 years ago was there... but all of the info was wrong and there was no phone number or street number... anyway...bump
mrs.phillips123
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM

this is like the 10th post on this lol. but i checked and my info was almost all wrong.  thats what happens when your part of the internet and allt he social sites and phonebooks etc.

savannahnhi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM

wow there are  alot of rude moms in here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)