Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**EDIT** I decided to do something radical after watching radical parenting on TLC...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have watched a few episodes and decided that now I want to be a radical MOM now. I mean my DD is almost 6! I am taking her out of her booster/car seat in the car... I think that it will give her the liberty and freedom to move around the backseat more freely. She has also been wanting to ride shotgun, so I might try that out for short period of time... not sure...

Alright... I called Caileigh's pediatrician and slew of doctors and they all think that taking her out at such a young age is a good idea! it will teach her the freedom to make the right decisions. Should I buckle or not? type of things... Woohoo can't wait to pick her up and put her in the front right next to me!

My daughter has limb girdle muscular dystrophy. She may waddle, she may fall, but she is not ignorant. She sees you stare. She hears you snicker. Her heart aches like mine and yours when people laugh at her. Be polite and ask about her condition rather than be rude and make fun of her. Please educate yourself, as I can only educate her so much about ignorance and stupidity. I can only tell her so much about just how cruel the world can be.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Don't let her ride in the front if you have airbags, those can travel out at 200 MPH and the airbag alone could kill her in an accident.

Monica208
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM

whats radical parenting?

taias_ma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM

you know, i think that is a great idea!! you are going to be so RAD!!!

Mommy2_two

I have never seen the show.

harvgal04

Yeah those hurt! i think this is a joke and if not, sorry i thought so lol.

When i was in my car accident, my airbags went off and OUCH. That hurt so bad. I had like little pellet marks from the stuff in them and my chest hurt. I couldnt imagine what it would do to a child.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Don't let her ride in the front if you have airbags, those can travel out at 200 MPH and the airbag alone could kill her in an accident.

retsillacam
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM

great idea

Shauna71904
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:23 AM

thanks I thought so too... I mean I know she isnt 4"9 yet and she is pushing 56 lbs but hey its a freedom all her own. you know?

Quoting taias_ma:

you know, i think that is a great idea!! you are going to be so RAD!!!

KristinRox

If you were to do that where I am from, you could be fined if you were stopped by police. Its against the law to take them out of their booster/carseat until they are at least 80lbs or 9 years old.

Aamy

eye rollingHave fun. 

Shauna71904
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Thank God my airbags in my car do not activate unless the weight is 70lbs or higher... so she is only like 55 1/2 pounds she should be ok right?

Quoting harvgal04:

Yeah those hurt! i think this is a joke and if not, sorry i thought so lol.

When i was in my car accident, my airbags went off and OUCH. That hurt so bad. I had like little pellet marks from the stuff in them and my chest hurt. I couldnt imagine what it would do to a child.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)