Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH says god is a fantasy

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM
  • 50 Replies

My husband considers the idea of beleiving in God is a fantasy for ppl to escape any type of responsibility for their daily lives, or an excuse if something doesn't go right.
I cant say I agree, but he sometimes makes valid points.  I beleive in God and Jesus, my kids do too. We dont go to church because I have been to many churches and was turned off because of how they taught and preached. I feel it should be up to me how I beleive, not to be told how to beleive by one person.  We have free will for a reason, I choose to use it.
Your thoughts?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mobilemom0608
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM

my ex thought the same thing...

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I'm Atheist anyways so I can agree with your hubby for the most part.
We get told that not believing in god gives us reason to "have no morals and do what ever we want with out consequence" .... so its kinda the same thing ina way.

KristaP13
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I'm an atheist... I do not think God exists. I think of "god" as more of a crutch for people. Something to have faith in to keep them going so to speak... Which I understand, I guess, some people need that. That's just my opinion though.

SugarGuru
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM

i don't think if he were to make a valid arguement he can't say people use God to escape responsibility because anyone who believes in God knows he gave us free-will...so we are responsible for our own actions...but he could say people use God as a crutch in their lives when they are afraid or need help...it's the only thing they have to turn to in times of need

Jewelzgirl
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:25 AM
well..there are people who believe as your dh...i just feel they have to sort that stuff out on their own and leave them alone. as for going to church....im one who believes a person doesnt have to go to a manmade building and listen to a man to feel close to or find god.
JSVDP
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I think when he says that he is talking about the ppl who say that "This is what god wants us to do" and "If we dont do what god says we are going to hell"
But he thinks pretty much to say "its gods will" is just stupid.  He actually makes jokes about it a lot.

ladyvamp5489
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I think all will be known when the Lord comes back for Those who serve Him.

maybaby08
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM

clapping

echoishername
by Misty on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I believe it is easy to thank god when things go right, and blame god when things go wrong... I agree with your husband. I am atheist.

mna_823
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I don't agree with your husband.  We are held accountable for our actions (....judgement day).  Those who have accepted Jesus are forgiven, but no, I don't think that the belief of God is a crutch.  We have free will, we are not all zombies walking around, we are able to make our own choices.  And we are responsible for the choices that we make.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)