Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car seat experts I need your opinions ( changed title)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:44 AM
  • 31 Replies

(I changed the tile cause apperntly nobody has a sense of humor today Calling sombody a car seat nazi is not a bad thing. I ment it as  they know thier shit)

I really want to get this car seat for my son he will be 6 months on the 19th and is already growing out of his infant car seat,  he was 16 pounds on his 4 month check up so I know he's getting really close to the 20 pound limit on the car seat.  I have been doing alot of research and I keep coming back to this car seat. So what do you think.

For use in infant, toddler, and belt-positioning modes, the Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat has a weight range that will work for your little one from baby to youth.  It starts as a rear-facing car seat, converts to a forward-facing car seat and then transitions into a belt-positioning booster seat! In addition to the 3 modes of use, you'll also appreciate the superior comfort and added convenience features which make this an Elite™ car seat. Pivoting armrests make getting your little one in and out of the seat a breeze, and the 5-position padded head rest adjusts height in one easy step. The seat also includes a removable cup holder which is a great place to store a drink or snack.

• 3 modes of use!
  • Rear-facing 5-35 lbs.
  • Forward-facing 22-50 lbs.
  • Belt-positioning booster 40-100 lbs.
  • 5-point harness with up-front adjustment fits children up to 50 lbs!
  • 5-position padded headrest adjusts with Quick-Fit™ harness 
  • QuickFit™ harness system adjusts harness height from front in one easy step!
  • Side Impact Protection
  • 3-position recline
  • Removable infant head insert
  • Pivoting armrests
  • Removable cup holder
  • LATCH equipped for easy installation
  • Meets or exceeds Federal and ASTM Safety Standards

Nicole
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenB1983
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:45 AM

That's a crappy seat.  But really...when you are asking for help, you may want to lose the derogatory label.

Groove
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM

loose the "nazi" part of your title and people might help you.

SugarGuru
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM

ya calling people "Nazis" is only good for when you're making fun of them, not asking for help

FWIW...putting your 6 month old in a ff carseat is dumb, they don't have the neck muscles to prevent paralysis...my dd is 11 months, in a rf carseat and is 30 lbs

JADIEBUG
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Agreed. Look into the Graco Myride 65.

Quoting JenB1983:

That's a crappy seat.  But really...when you are asking for help, you may want to lose the derogatory label.

grammarpolice
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Quoting SugarGuru:

ya calling people "Nazis" is only good for when you're making fun of them, not asking for help

FWIW...putting your 6 month old in a ff carseat is dumb, they don't have the neck muscles to prevent paralysis...my dd is 11 months, in a rf carseat and is 30 lbs

It says it rear faces to 35 lbs.

SugarGuru
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:57 AM

i realize that but the OP put "child nearing 20 lb" which inclines one to believe they are looking for FF seat...kwim?

Quoting grammarpolice:

Quoting SugarGuru:

hard_hat_mommie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:59 AM

i like black.  pee stains are easier to hide :D

wiener
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I HATE HATE HATE the myride 65. Its so bulky and wide, it will not fit in my car. Yes I have tried it. my friend has it and its good if you have a big car or a van. not a tiny one like mine were you need to fit two car seats in

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Agreed. Look into the Graco Myride 65.

Quoting JenB1983:

Nicole
wiener
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:01 PM

nope keeping him RF untill he is 35 pounds or at least one year.  Hence why I like this cause it's rear facing till 35 pounds

Quoting SugarGuru:

i realize that but the OP put "child nearing 20 lb" which inclines one to believe they are looking for FF seat...kwim?

Quoting grammarpolice:

Quoting SugarGuru:

Nicole
grammarpolice
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Quoting SugarGuru:

Quoting grammarpolice:

Quoting SugarGuru:

I don't think that's what she meant at all. She said the baby is 16 lbs, and that extra 4-5 lbs can probably up to 6 months at this point to gain. I think it leads us to believe she's looking for a seat that will not only serve her needs now, but continue to serve her needs until the child is out of a booster entirely, at 10+ or so. Why else would she be considering one that is appropriate from 5-100 lbs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)