Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just so sad and senseless. These teachers should ALL loose their jobs.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM
  • 13 Replies

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/01/24/the_untouchable_mean_girls/

The saddest thing is that teachers knew the extent of this.

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ItsBethy_4180
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM

That is sad :(

lyranightshade
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:58 AM

This should shock me, but it doesn't. Honestly, when I went to a Christian Academy, I was spit on in the hallways.. even the -teachers- spit on me. I'm still not sure why, over a decade later, but... I understand why she did it and I wish I didn't, but I truly do hate those girls.

imthatgirl728
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I'm not shocked by the way she was treated. I don't think anyone would be. Kids are mean and they are taught to be that way by their parents and home lives.

What I've found shocking is that at this time the teachers that knew aboutt his are not being prosecuted.The principle was called...but he's on vacation. No one seems to care. It's aweful.

Quoting lyranightshade:

This should shock me, but it doesn't. Honestly, when I went to a Christian Academy, I was spit on in the hallways.. even the -teachers- spit on me. I'm still not sure why, over a decade later, but... I understand why she did it and I wish I didn't, but I truly do hate those girls.

thisloveofmine
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:03 PM

This shit happens everywhere. The only thing different is that most kids are strong enough to endure it...

imthatgirl728
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:05 PM

It's kind of shitty of you to now call a child weak. A family just lost their child.

Quoting thisloveofmine:

This shit happens everywhere. The only thing different is that most kids are strong enough to endure it...

UxorQuodMatris
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:09 PM

That poor girl :(

ProudSingleMum
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM

I'd like to know where in the heck the parents of the mean girls are. Granted, I don't think I woudl go as far to 'blame' my child if his teasing was something that precluded someone suicide...because ulitmately the girl CHOSE to take her life. It's no one's fault but her own. BUT...if my kid had been the teaser...oh you can bet your freaking butt, that he woudl NOT have gone to the dance, he would NOT be participating in sports for a LONG time, same goes for 'hanging with his friends'. Teasing will NOT be tolerated in this family....even if the 'victim' doesn't resort to such extreme measures.

imthatgirl728
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM

If ypu teach your kids right they won;t be the teaser. Unfortunately kids are missing that guidance these days. You can see it in this post. One person replied mocking the girl. People are awful.

There are more stories about this girl. People, teachers, her peers...they all knew about this. Yet no one did anything to help her.

When did we become a society that didn't care?

Quoting ProudSingleMum:

I'd like to know where in the heck the parents of the mean girls are. Granted, I don't think I woudl go as far to 'blame' my child if his teasing was something that precluded someone suicide...because ulitmately the girl CHOSE to take her life. It's no one's fault but her own. BUT...if my kid had been the teaser...oh you can bet your freaking butt, that he woudl NOT have gone to the dance, he would NOT be participating in sports for a LONG time, same goes for 'hanging with his friends'. Teasing will NOT be tolerated in this family....even if the 'victim' doesn't resort to such extreme measures.

Sparkle2000
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:25 PM

So sad! Parents need to start teaching their children how to treat and respect others! I would not tolerate my kids EVER treating another person the way the "mean girls" did and do. On the flip side I hope that if anyone ever treats my kids this way, I prey they come to me about and I will damn sure handle it! If the school refuses to deal with the matter then my children would be home schooled or moved. End of story! So sad for that family and the girls little sister :(

SWyvill
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:29 PM

bless her heart, prayers go out to the family and also for the mean girls, that they will learn the error of their ways and become better people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)