• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Federal taxes????

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

Did any one elses Federal taxes go up?? Or is this an Indiana thing??? WTH is going on??????

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM

not mine

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Not sure what you mean...the ones being with-held from the paycheck or what you filed on your tax return?

If you mean the withholding on a paycheck this year, last year they cut the withholding as part of the "stimulus" which just screwed us royally when we filed and had to pay a boatload in. Since this isn't in effect anymore they are taking more out of your paycheck.

bz-mom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

No my paycheck is $8 dollars short today and I noticed that those $8 all went to Federal!!!

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:49 PM

That's about right. Last year they were taking out about $8 less every paycheck to give everyone more money. That expired at the end of December I believe. In 2008 I made about $10K and they took out $275 in federal tax. In 2009 I made $11K and they took out $52 in federal tax. They took $2000 less in hubby's pay and he made $2000 less than the year before. We have to pay in because of that. So far this year they have taken out more from my checks than all of last year. I'm hoping we won't have to pay again next year.

Quoting bz-mom:

No my paycheck is $8 dollars short today and I noticed that those $8 all went to Federal!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)