• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you know about ...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM
  • 3 Replies

Fishing?           See what you think.  My hubby got a fishing ticket.  He and a buddy went fishing.  They were on the shore.  A warden came by asked them what they were fishing for the buddy said anything that bites Ha. Ha.  Then he asked to see their lines.  My husband had a spin n glow with a dead herring on it.  The guy tells him it is illegal to use that when fishing for a sturgeon.  My hubby said he wasn't fishing for sturgeon.  Said he was fishing for Walleye.  The guys gives my hubby a ticket for $80.  tells him he is doing him a favor by not giving him a ticket for salmon fishing when is not legal at that spot.  The two fisherman had no fish at that time.

My hubby called Fish and Wildlife when he got home, (Who he used to work for).  They told him that he could fish for Walleye in any part of the Columbia River.  The next day the officer that ticketed him called my hubby.  Told him that he should be grateful that he didn't get a bigger fine and he didn't understand my husband attitude about it.  He said you know me, you've seen me around fish and wildlife.  Said I had to do it.  I had already given out a ticket I had to give you one.  Olympia is coming down hard on us to give more tickets.  My husband was shocked.  1.  That the guy would call him at home.  2.  That the warden would just think my husband was ok with this.

So my hubby called Olympia, talked to a biologist who checked with the leutenanet up there and it is perfectly legal to fish on the Columbia River for Walleye with a spin n glow lieur and a dead herring on it.

My hubby plans to fight the ticket.  It will cost him a days pay for a $80.00 ticket.  Do you think that warden was in the wrong.  Do you think it was wrong for him to call us.  Do you think my hubby can beat this is it worth going after?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SugarGuru
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM

if it'll take him forever to pay it, yes go on push to get it straightened out....also, he was in the right... they are handing out tickets left and right in florida too, i have my license to hunt and fish down there, those who didn't were ticketed immediately and it's a pretty hefty fine

klynn80
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:01 PM

if he's going to lose more money missing work fighting it than paying it, just pay it. I'd say it's not uncommon for states/cities/counties make their money off bogus tickets because people just can't make the time to show up.

Susan262
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:08 PM

EDIT  For my husband it is the principle of the matter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)