Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help plz! ?? about potty training @ night!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM
  • 6 Replies

my dd turned 3 on tuesday. we have already made a big deal about when she turns 3 there will be no more pull ups. ONLY BIG GIRL PANTIES!! she is super excited and feels the need to tell EVERYONE she sees that she is big now so she doesnt need pull ups any more. during the day she is fine. few to no accidents. but the problem now is while she is sleeping. she doesnt wake up to go potty. i mean not even flinch after she pees on herself. this happens at night time and sometimes during naps. i do not give her any drinks after 7:30 or 8 and she goes to bed @ 9. but she still pees on herself. what tips did you/ are you using to potty train @ night time! any advice is welcome! thanks ladies!!

confused

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Case07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:58 AM

w our dd we kept her in pull ups at night until she went 2 weeks dry then we switched her over to panites. she started staying dry at night long before she started stay dry during the day.. she started telling us she didnt want to wear a diaper like a baby.. since just before thanksgiving she has had only one accident at night but she was sick.. and has had 2 accidents during the day. all three she screamed bc she couldnt get to the potty fast enough. she will now wake up at night if she has to p or poop.. she will wake up yelling she has to go..  positive enforcement works the best..  and consistancy

KelseyLynn
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I read that you shouldn't give them liquids after 5pm or 6 pm. We started doing that and it worked. The can have a small drink of water before bed if they really need it.

honey27
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:40 PM

bumping!!! i'm potty training twins right now and need advice too.

Susan262
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I don't think you can do too much about the night time thing.  I did read once that if they go potty 2 times before bed it helps.  So maybe around 8 and then at 9 just before bed.  My dd wore pull ups at night until she was about 6 then she just quit one night and never wet again.

jothra
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Take her pee at midnight. And if that doesn't work, get her up early in the morning, like 30 min before she would normally wake up. Other than that, you just have to wait for her to develop enough to hold it. I PT Ds at 25 mo and he didn't stay dry at night until 2.5 yrs. At 3, he was getting up to pee on his own.

TessB
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Aside from waking up and taking her to the bathroom throughout the night, just let her wear pull ups, they grow out of it and it is normal. Don't worry about that, they don't have control at night like they do during the day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)