Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena.....again

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM
  • 19 Replies

I'm just curious how long it took all of y'alls bodies to adjust to the Mirena IUD?  I had mine put in January 28th.  I have bled 40 out of 60 days and am about to lose my mind, lol.  So I'm looking for ladies who had similiar experiences to tell me that it will all be over soon, LOL.....please.....I hope......LOL

Carrie

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelseyLynn
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I think I bled for about 2 to 3 weeks, then had some spotting, then never had a period again.

Kathryn29
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:06 PM

mine has just FINALLY EVENED OUT!!! got mine in Jan. of '08...so took me 2 yrs.

I hate this fucking thing!!!

Mami2Jahzi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I beld for about 4 months. It sucked and I was going to have it removed but it stopped. I think every woman is different.

clhelms
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Quoting KelseyLynn:

I think I bled for about 2 to 3 weeks, then had some spotting, then never had a period again.

So jealous, lol.  3 months is what my ob said, just hang in there for 3 months and things will get better but this is getting ridiculous lol.

clovismommy25
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I stopped bleeding the day after I got mine, never had a problem, had it removed for personal reasons. I bled for 10mos on the depo though! Good luck!

momsbabies
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I would say about 3-4 months.  I didn't bleed at all, but had really bad stomach cramps when I first got it in and bad headahes.  I've had it a little over 2 years and love it.  Haven't had a period since it was put in.

hard_hat_mommie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:10 PM

i bleed lightly daily.  huge diff from implanon. i thought i was going to need a transfusion with that thing. lol

tashibaby
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Let see i got it in dec 17 and i stoped bleeding/ spotting on feb 24

clhelms
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Quoting hard_hat_mommie:

i bleed lightly daily.  huge diff from implanon. i thought i was going to need a transfusion with that thing. lol

I asked my Dr. about this before deciding on the Mirena and she vehemently was against it.  Said she took more implanons out than she put in!

hard_hat_mommie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:14 PM

i didn't have another choice of bc at the time, and my doc thought it would be life threatening for me to get pregnant again. three months i brought the little calander back.  bled all but two days.  told me to give it three more months. same crap.  i had it removed at 9 months, and had paragard put in, it expelled in two months, and i researched and researched, and finally got the mirena a couple of months ago.  the probs are minor compared to others i've had, but i DEF don't "love my bc"...kwim?

Quoting clhelms:

Quoting hard_hat_mommie:

I asked my Dr. about this before deciding on the Mirena and she vehemently was against it.  Said she took more implanons out than she put in!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)