Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you ask someone on a play date?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:23 PM
  • 8 Replies

Haha Don't laugh. I really don't know. We just moved and don't really know anyone here. We have been bringing DD (15mos) to this tot play thing. It is a whole bunch of toys in a gym and they play. There is an older couple there who adopted twins who are a few months older than DD who she likes. We talk sometimes but I don't know their names. None of the parents really know each others names but we all know the kids. I was thinking about asking them on a play date. We are moving into our new house in the middle of this month. Like do I ask them to my house? the park? what? I am having so much anxiety about it. I have never asked anyone out lol Not boys or my friends. They usually ask me and that isn't me being cocky that just is how it happens. In my head I am like Oh my God what if they say no? WHAT IF THEY SAY YES? Help!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
laneyclark
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Just start off by talking to them in the play group and get to know them then mention how your kids get along and maybe you all should get together someday at your house or the park. whatever you are comfortable with. personally i would suggest the park but thats just me. Good Luck!

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:27 PM

nice shoes, wana play? XD lol sorry i dont know.

LilyGiannaMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM

lol Yeah I sit there and we are all small talking and in my head I am like what the hell do I say. The people I am thinking about asking their DD always hugs and kisses mine. It's so cute. Then the smack each other in the head

Quoting Sparkyfire:

nice shoes, wana play? XD lol sorry i dont know.

Melame68
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:08 PM

do a park first. and just say " hey i was wondering since the kids have so much fun together if you would be interested in having some playdates?" that way you can really meet the parents more one and one and its not so awkward since it;s in a public place

ArmyWifey4907
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM

First of all, get to know their names and talk to them a little more. 

We don't have play dates at my house mainly because it's not a very nice neighborhood and we don't have outside toys (our backyard is fire ant central).  Plus we only have 1 friend with a kid DS's age.  If I'm taking DS to the park, I just ask her if she'd like to bring her DD along so the kids can play and we can get some Mommy-time.

pregnancy week by week

lovemymarine306
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM

just say that it would be fun to let the kids play together at the park sometime.  i never invite people to my house for the first playdate...its always a park or something

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I'm sorry but I had to laugh because you sound EXACTLY like me!!!! My dd has a couple good girlfriends that are in her kindergarten class and she keeps begging me to have them over to play.But the girls'parents don't know me from a hole in the wall,why would they trust me to watch their child for an afternoon,and would they WANT to hang out with lil ol'me all afternoon? I don't know :( I have SUCH a fear of rejection,its like friggin high school all over again..grrr!!

sillytime
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM

LMAO, ask them to go to the park! And also say BTW I am such a nutt and I forgot your names! Mine is________. And go have some fun! They will say yes! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)