Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Three Yr old wants to Dye his hair??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:41 PM
  • 36 Replies

My son is 3.5 and he is a BIG monster truck fan.. Well last night he told me and his father he wanted to dye his hair Gravedigger Green..   And this morning he got up and That is all I have heard all morning long..   I am NOT 100% sure we are going to but  If I was to do it What should I use?   I think it's AWESOME he wants to be different and he is NOT in daycare or anything so It wouldnt be like a Distraction to anyone.. Im just not sure If I should!   What do you ladies think?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chelleybeans
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I personally wouldn't.

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM

well if you do because he is so young you want to be very very careful about what you use. The have Amonia free temp dyes and green spray ins that cause no harm but watch the ingreddients for things like ammonia ect.

xOxO_XoXo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM

There is NO way I would die a toddlers hair!! That is absolutely ridiculous.

southernjess3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:44 PM

koolaide

abbi-lukesmom

I would totally let him! get his hair wet and comb some lime kool aid into it! it will not stay in for long but long enough for him to appreciate it.

anetrnlov

Food coloring

Jsjnowell
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Thanks Ladies :)   I didnt know if the koolaid would stay a while or not!

Quoting abbi-lukesmom:

I would totally let him! get his hair wet and comb some lime kool aid into it! it will not stay in for long but long enough for him to appreciate it.

caitxrawks
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Try Sally's, they have tons of different kinds of dye. You want one that will wash out after a few washes (SEMI-permanent) and one that's ammonia-free. The salespeople at Sally's should be able to help you if they don't have what you're looking for. Too bad it's not around Halloween time, they sell a bunch of different colors in cans.

Jsjnowell

I wouldnt Use CHEMICALS .. I was thinking if We would do it I would use like kool aid or something like that NEVER DYE!

Quoting xOxO_XoXo:

There is NO way I would die a toddlers hair!! That is absolutely ridiculous.

carlinaiden

i would never at such a young age....maybe koolaid if anything..?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)