Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sons going on his first field trip and he gets car sick

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:55 PM
  • 12 Replies

does anyone know what I should do to hepl him? I plan on packing a change of clothes and making sure he has a light breakfast. He has never ridden in a bus do you think the bus will make it worse ? I'm going o tell his teacher to have him sit near the front of the bus I thik that will help. Any advice is welcome. The poor kid can't make it 20 min in the car with out puking

Imaddge3.jpg picture by JanieBoBanie

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCWAmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM

bump no ones kids get car sick??

LilyGiannaMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM

give him a childrens dramamine. (sp)

IMAMOMx4
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:06 PM

If he's old enough they have medicine for carsickness.  I believe I gotten my at walmart or a drugstore.

LCWAmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Quoting LilyGiannaMommy:

wont that make him sleepy?

Shauna71904
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:07 PM

dramamine? (sp?) they make all sorts of motion sickness meds...

Rae25
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Quoting LilyGiannaMommy:

I have to give my daughter dramamine shes 5 and has always gotten carsick (just like me when i was a kid)

lyranightshade
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Ask his pedi if the adult patches for motion sickness would work. The poor kiddo. There was one kid in my middle school class that always puked in bus trips. She was always made fun of. :( I hope kids are less mean to your LO!

lyranightshade
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:10 PM

They have it in kid's now? AWESOME! lol Disregard my reply.

Quoting Rae25:

Quoting LilyGiannaMommy:

I have to give my daughter dramamine shes 5 and has always gotten carsick (just like me when i was a kid)

LCWAmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Quoting Rae25:

Quoting LilyGiannaMommy:

I'll have to look for it today. he as gotten car sick since he was a baby it got better when we could turn his seat around but before then it was a fight to even get him in the car and he cried the whole time we where driving

aleciamarie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Yes, the dramamine...and also ask the teacher if the window at the seat he is sitting in can be opened a crack.  It might make it better for him if he closes his eyes and just takes deep breaths...make sure he is prepared with a plastic bag (or 2) and knows to have them ready if he feels like he is going to throw up.  Maybe talking and goofing off with his friends might be helpful too!  Good luck to your little man!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)