Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She sold her 7yr old sister for sex

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM
  • 16 Replies

At least  they are making progress

Mayor: 27 arrested in NJ where girl raped

AP
By BETH DeFALCO, Associated Press Writer Beth Defalco, Associated Press Writer - 50 mins ago

TRENTON, N.J. - Twenty-seven people were arrested Thursday on outstanding warrants at a New Jersey apartment complex where officials say a 7-year-old girl was gang raped.

Trenton Mayor Doug Palmer said the sweep of Rowan Towers was planned before the girl's attack. He said police hope the arrests will lead to tips that help them find those who assaulted the girl, otherwise the arrests were unrelated to the case.

"This is only the beginning," Palmer said. "We're not going to rest until that area is cleaned up so that decent people can live without the threat of fear and violence."

Police say the child's 15-year-old stepsister sold her to have sex with as many as seven men and boys at a party Sunday in a vacant apartment. The stepsister was arrested and charged with aggravated sexual assault, promoting prostitution and other crimes.

The teen's name was not released because of her age, but the county prosecutor plans to ask the court to try her as an adult.

Police believe as many as a dozen people were at the party and say everyone in the apartment when the rape occurred could be legally culpable. There were security cameras at the complex and police said they were reviewing all available building surveillance videos.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
burch731
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:18 PM

WTF is wrong with people ~ 1st why on earth would that 15 year old even think of selling her little sister off for sex & what the hell is wrong with those men that were "buying" her?  People are really fucking sick!!!

mobilemom0608
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM

this

Quoting burch731:

WTF is wrong with people ~ 1st why on earth would that 15 year old even think of selling her little sister off for sex & what the hell is wrong with those men that were "buying" her?  People are really fucking sick!!!

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:20 PM

If I was that girls mother.........whew.........

I dont even want to think about it. I can only imagine what that little girl is going through right now. I cant believe people that where there who knew about it allowed it.

hautemama83
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:28 PM

I'd still really like to know where in the hell the parents were in this case.  

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
---Umberto Eco

mama02040608
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:33 PM

This happened in NJ...The parents were home, the girls were out together, playing (they thought).  When they didn't come home by 4:30pm, the mother went to file a report thinking the 15yo had taken off and took the 7 yo with her.  At about the same time, people living there found the younger girl and brought her home, where she told the whole story...then the 15yo came home and told the same story (I think that is what disturbs me most, that she had no problem admitting to it.). 

Awakened1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM

throwing upToo many sick people in this world.

klynn80
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM

i read this yesterday on my phone, so so sick.  that poor child.  i hope her wicked stepsister is punished severely.

hautemama83
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Quoting mama02040608:

This happened in NJ...The parents were home, the girls were out together, playing (they thought).  When they didn't come home by 4:30pm, the mother went to file a report thinking the 15yo had taken off and took the 7 yo with her.  At about the same time, people living there found the younger girl and brought her home, where she told the whole story...then the 15yo came home and told the same story (I think that is what disturbs me most, that she had no problem admitting to it.). 

Thats terrible! I hope they do change that stupid little 15 y/o as an adult.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
---Umberto Eco

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM

wow that makes me sick

StarsChildren
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Quoting Awakened1:

throwing upToo many sick people in this world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)