Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If Christians want this to be a Christian nation... (piog)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:10 PM
  • 3 Replies

Then why all the hypocrisy? The Christian behavior some people portray is what turns alot of people away from the religion..why doesn't the Christians practice what they preach?

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

*If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother.* 

“If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you.*

*If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion--how can God's love be in that person?*

If you exploit them in any way and they cry out to me, then I will certainly hear their cry.

Just because you read the bible and bow your head to pray doesn't mean your being obedient.. 

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
RmeWifey01
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Is there a specific person on your mind? Are you a Christian?

lovemymarine306
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM

clapping

MommaToSam
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM

This is already a Christian nation. That is why a lot of religious holidays are treated as national holidays, our currency says "In God We Trust" and why our pledge of allegiance mentions God as well. A lot of our laws and basic way of life are based on Biblical principles.

There are Christians and there are "Christians." I've never ever met a true Christian that didn't treat me with respect, courtesy, and love. If the true God-loving Christians wanted to run the country, I would not mind. I know that they would not judge me, because God does not allow for man to judge others. I would be allowed free-will (with limits of course...murder would obviously still be illlegal) because God gave everyone free will.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)