• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*******My poor baby, please help- Need QUICK advice!!!!!****

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM
  • 43 Replies

My son has a  diaper rash that I've never seen before. 

It looks like pimples, or blisters, one of the blisters was huge and it seems so uncomfortable.

I just bought extra strength Desitine, and some anti fungal cream (actually my mother in law bought it thinking it might be a yeast rash)

But It doesnt seem to be going away completely. I keep him dry and when I change him I air dry and use powder to keep the area from staying moist from the wipe. 

What could it be??? I just got kicked off of Medi-cal for some reason, so at the moment he (and I) dont even have any insurance at all :*( 

***thanks for any help!***

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adrianasmommy07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Well, honestly hes going to need to be seen. My only advice is to stop using powder, that is not helping the situation Im sure.

newmom_1989
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM

well normally im against it because of the talc, but this is just corn starch sprinkled very lightly to keep the area dry. I am trying everything I can think of. 

Quoting adrianasmommy07:

Well, honestly hes going to need to be seen. My only advice is to stop using powder, that is not helping the situation Im sure.

AllNaturalMum
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM

He needs to be seen... Is there a free or low income clinic in the area?

Abutcher
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Could it be the wipes/ diapers you are using? Try paper towels with warm water ( you can heat them in the microwave too) Don't use the wipes for awhile. Could it be bites? Check his crib wash all his blankets/sheets, check corners of room etc.. Try a baking soda bath.  I would take him to the Dr. anyway...they will pay for the bill if you get back on Medi-Cal. Good Luck!

A.M.B

MommaSteph85
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:20 PM

If its a yeast rash it will spread when you put diaper rash cream on it. That is what happened to my son. I had to get a steroid cream from the dr to take care of it.

M3momma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:21 PM

have you tried any of the free clinics in your areas? 

mama02040608

I would keep using the antifungal and the desitin together.  It takes a few days to get a yeast rash under control, and that is what it sounds like to me.  I actually used walmart brand monistat mixed with desitin, b/c the prescription from the doc didn't work.  I would ditch the powder, though, and just keep changing him every 2 hours or so.  Leave him naked on a towel in some sunlight, too.  Light kills yeast.

LilMama0502

I would let him go around with no diaper at all, dont know how old he is, but if he shows signs of pooping, put him on the toilet lol. And pee is easy to clean up lol. My son had a pretty bad one once and I just let him air out for a day and it was so mcuh better. also baths  no soap will help too and sooth it if it hurts him

jeskaM

ok that sounds like what my dd had and it was a yeast infection..the anti fungal cream will work but it took like 4 days for me to see an improvment..I would take him to the doctor just to make sure though.

MOMby19
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:22 PM

it sounds like a really bad yeast infection. IF that's what it is, he'll need >1% cortizone cream twice a day. which i think is only available by prescription.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)