Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP my 6week old just crys when he drinks his bootle (update)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM
  • 45 Replies
I don't know whats wrong he takes 2 drinks and then screams His head off for 5 min then takes 2 more and screams again So I took him to the dr today and the dr said it was colic. I really believe its reflux but he says colic. My dd had colic very bad and it was nothing like this. I'm pretty irritated even though I probably shouldn't be. He said he looked perfectly healthy but I was telling him what was going on and he just kind of laughed at me like I didn't know what was going on with my son.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristy0833
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM

maybe a ear infection?

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM

thrush? or maybe an ear infection? sorry heres a bump

Mommyto2kids09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Would he do that with an ear infection?

BaBiiMaMa89
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM

he might have gas?

CnMe31
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Sounds like ears...we had a rough time....after seven sets of tubes for each kid..

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM

My dd had an ear infection when she was 3 months old and that is exactly what she did.the sucking makes their ear throb if its infected.I would definetly not rule out an ear infection.

jrsmama0906
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM

maybe acid reflux? My son had that when he was a baby. It wasn't quite that bad but he would cry after eating.

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM

ds is 2 months old, and does this too sometimes.  I noticed he's gassy; I do gripe water and mylacon drops. 

When he drinks/cries then, I just give him the gas drops, binky, and hold him in the soft carrier.  Soothe him.  He sleeps a half hour, then wakes up to eat.  And is ok.

Sorry, but if I were you, I'd soothe him, and see if he'll eat while drowsy.  It works for lots of babies.

Quoting BaBiiMaMa89:

he might have gas?

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Could very well be reflux.  Does he have hiccups frequently?  Does he have wet sounding burps?  Does he arch his back when he screams? Is he often inconsolable during or up to 1 hr after feedings?  when he does sleep is it usually no more that 45 min- 1hr at a time?  Does he scream anytime you try to lay him flat?

Here is a link to all possible symptoms  HTH

http://infantrefluxdisease.com/infant_acid_reflux/index.php/infant-reflux-gerd-information/14-about-infant-reflux-and-pediatric-gerd/41-symptoms-of-infant-reflux-pediatric-gerd

CafeMom Tickers

Mommyto2kids09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:57 PM
Thanks ladies i'll try the gas drops and if that doesn't work i'll take him to the dr's to see if its an ear infection

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)