• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you work...has your employer told you what your schedule is for july 4th?!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:09 PM
  • 36 Replies

If you didnt know..4th of july falls on a Sunday this year. I asked back in February if we would have off the friday before, the monday after, or if we would just get a floater day. This is beginning to infuriate me because they still havent told me!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chelleybeans
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM

My hubby works all holidays and has ever since becoming a CO.

heatherann0221
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM

nope, that's a ways away. I usually work sunday mornings so I'll probably be scheduled.

ECMOM970
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I think it depends on where you work - where I work we get the Friday and Monday after off!

klynn80
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM

I don't work anymore, but when I did we had all of our holidays for the year printed out when we came back from the New Year's holiday. 

Keep bugging them, it's kind of odd they haven't said yet.

m1cherie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM

4th of July is a sunday this year so we are closed!!! bouncing

Just_Bethy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Hubby will work just like a normal Day...When you work 7 days a week...all hols are normal days except Christmas on the rigs..lol

momma_bear1

I run my own business now, but when I did work I had no idea this far in advance about a holiday. I could usually find out about a month before, if I was lucky.

vintage_pearl4

I'm not working, scheduled or not.  I'm putting in my request this week.  The fourth of July is my daughter's birthday : )

maidenmouse
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I am always good! I am off from the end of June through the middle of July every year!!!! :)

Proud mom of a hero battling cancer. Also a proud mom of my older kids that have been so tolerant of this life changing experience. www.caringbridge.org/visit/chunn Yesterday is history, tommorow is a mystery, today is a gift that is why we call it the present. 

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Uh yeah.. we are closed.  LOL but in my experience you find out about the time of the holiday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)