Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why can't i just vent without advice?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am so sick of my cousin Jill, who is by the way the foremost expert on pregnancy - at least in her own warped mind.  Everything I post about my pregnancy she has a solution.  I can't ever just be venting, no one can, not without her glorious wisdom.

Today as I was getting ready to head out, I looked at my Weather Bug app and it said it was 80 degrees, at 10AM on April 1.  I cringed.  I'm 4 months pregnant, will be huge by the time summer kicks into high gear, and I know it's going to suck big time.  I live in El Paso where it's not uncommong to be at least 100 for days and days on end.  We also don't have AC in the house, we have a swamp cooler, which sucks as well.

So on my FB update I put that.  It's 80 degrees at 10AM on April 1, not looking forward to a summer pregnancy.  Oh wise one responds with "maybe you should take a long vacation to CO and deliver up there."  First off, my doctors are here, and I'm a high risk case.  Why the hell would I go up to CO to deliver?  Secondly, maybe she's figured out how to shit gold but I haven't, and maintaining two households just for shits and giggles is stupid.  

The other day, I put I was feeling sick - like I said I'm 4 months pregnant - she flipped out saying I needed to go to the ER bc I shouldn't be sick past the first trimester.  It was a hot day, I was uncomfortable for too long, I felt sick, calm down spaz!

There's so much more, but this is already long.  Thanks to anyone who read it.  I would take her off my FB completely but that would cause way more drama than I care to deal with. 

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife.and.mommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM

you can block her from certain posts... and she wont see them

klynn80
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I know I'm looking into that.  Just had to vent about it.  She's so annoying.

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

you can block her from certain posts... and she wont see them

ILive4This
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM

When she suggested going to CO...i would have responded, LOL!   Just to show her how stupidly funny her advice is.

Just_Bethy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:44 PM

NOT giving any advice here!!!!..Just listening to you vent....xxxxx

(But I got 24 hours sickness...for 9 months both girls...last 6 months both boys..its normal..she is WRONG!! Woo Hoo)

klynn80
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I know, I'm afraid it might be normal for me :o(

It's not really 24 hr sickness, it comes and goes but man when it comes it really kicks my ass!

Quoting Just_Bethy:

NOT giving any advice here!!!!..Just listening to you vent....xxxxx

(But I got 24 hours sickness...for 9 months both girls...last 6 months both boys..its normal..she is WRONG!! Woo Hoo)

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:45 PM

wouldnt it be AWESOME not to get sick after the first trimester? lol

its 76 here and its almost 3pm. but after this winter, i'm so ready for the sunshine and summer to come... plus its windy. i like wind. lol

WildKat
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:45 PM

It's facebook - there's no need to take anything on there seriously.  Some people feel the need to comment on everything regardless of how clever/funny/relevant/helpful their comment is.  She sounds like one of them.  If I were you, I'd just ignore it and let it go.

Peace,

Kat

ECMOM970
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Well...here in CO it can get pretty darn hot too...we get 100 degree days too sometimes over 100 and I too am not looking forward to a summer pregnancy...She is not an expert at all because I feel uncomfortable and sick too and I am almost 6 months along! Sometimes people just like to give opinions even though you do not ask for them!!!

stykir
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM

ugh, i have people like that on my fb too. unfortunately they're relatives too so you can't just delete them. but i feel your pain. everything related to pregnancy or raising my kids, they have a solution or a "i did it this way" story... good luck with your summer pregnancy!

klynn80
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:42 PM

yes, exactly, I have to put up with her bc she's family ugh!  thanks for the good luck, we just installed our window AC in our bedroom, since our house uses a swamp cooler, so I'll be hanging out in there a lot I think lol.

Quoting stykir:

ugh, i have people like that on my fb too. unfortunately they're relatives too so you can't just delete them. but i feel your pain. everything related to pregnancy or raising my kids, they have a solution or a "i did it this way" story... good luck with your summer pregnancy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)