Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c-section pain management?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

I had a c-section with my son who is 17 months old because of failure to progress. I am currently 12 weeks preggo scheudled section Sept 30th. I plan on breastfeeding with this bay are there any pain management options that wouldn't pass through to breast milk?

expecting babytoddler boy

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wife.and.mommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Motrin, percosets, Morphine, vicodin

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM

My option probably wouldnt be very popular. I had my son csection and wanted to bf.. I just didnt take any pain medicine. It was sore but nothing I couldnt handle for my little guy.

junebug624
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:44 PM

i took motrin and percocet in hospital and vicodin out of the hospital cuz it didnt make me so messed up and I didnt have a problem bf.

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college graduate, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

ajc0623
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Yeah I'm just thinking of chasing after my toddler when we get home from the hospital.

Quoting brettsmomma:

My option probably wouldnt be very popular. I had my son csection and wanted to bf.. I just didnt take any pain medicine. It was sore but nothing I couldnt handle for my little guy.

expecting babytoddler boy

jessil83
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:45 PM

i had the same meds. i ended up not breastfeeding but was told these medications where fine to take if i choose to do so.

Quoting junebug624:

i took motrin and percocet in hospital and vicodin out of the hospital cuz it didnt make me so messed up and I didnt have a problem bf.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)