Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

responsibility chart (poig)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

i am making my son a responsibility chart for my son.some of you may have seen them in the One Step Ahead magazine or website. i would like you ladies imput on what responsibilities are apropriate for toddlers.......like brushing teeth potty-ing and gettting dressed by him self.....but what else? he will be 3 in may and he is so excited im making this so i want to get it right and pick things he will like doing......thanks!

Mommy to toddler boyDamian & Zoeygirl on a swing

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jessil83
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM

clearing his plate after meals

"making the bed" (it doesn't have to be perfect but he is capable of doing it)

throwing away his own trash

picking up his toys before bed/naptime

feeding pets (you help but its his job, mine has done so since she was 2, is now 4 and its the first thing she does every morning)

i'll try to think of some more

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM

picking up his toys, putting his dirty clothes in the hamper, brushing his hair, helping mommy with certain chores (DS loves to help unload the dishwasher, put groceries away, etc), making up his bed in the morning, put his dirty dishes in the sink...

Those were the ideas that first came to my mind!

CafeMom Tickers

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

jessil83
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:02 PM

wipe up his own messes (if he spills or drops something, it won't be perfect but at least he understands if he does it he fixes it)

help cook dinner (give him the salad and have him mix it, mix stuff before you put in oven/stove, count out however many cups of milk as you pour)

dust (put some socks on his hands, spray whatever he's "dusting" and allow him to do it)

most things he'll be doing, he won't do correct or completely right now so you'd still have to help or go back and fix it, but the "chores" are great. my daughter is 4, she loves it if i give her the swiffer and let her mop so you could consider that as well.

okhsmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:04 PM

You might check out handipoints.  It is a free site that sets up charts with chores of your choice, you can print them, your kids can earn points to use in the online game area of the site. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)