Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get DH's/SO's input?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:00 PM
  • 32 Replies

When you make changes around the house (like moving things around,  new curtains etc etc etc )  do you have to pull  teeth to get your DH/SO's opinion?  Or do you just not ask him? 

I personally am of the thought that since he lives here too I will run everything by him although lately I can't get him to say anything! lol

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CookieQueen67
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I usually just do it. He hates change and if it were left up to him things would stay the same way FOREVER!!!

ECMOM970
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Yes we agree on everything

Just_Bethy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I gave up asking him...he doesn't care..as long as it not pink..(His ex did thier whole house..kitchen and all in pink)....He is not interested..lol...I do what I want

Mami2Jahzi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I try... but his answer everytime is 'I don't care'. So I do as I please

rowansmum
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Do they ever complain when you do make changes?

rockinmama07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM

He lives here too, why wouldn't I ask for his opinion?  He's always honest with me about if he likes it or not and if he has a different idea I'm honest with him.  If one of us doesn't like something we will compromise and pick something we both like.

mspecan_tan
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Mine doesn't care either and I don't ask. I do what I want. He won't "complain" if he doesn't like it, it was just "suggest" why I didn't do it this way ....sigh ....It will still stay the way I want it.

fallen018
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Nope I dont tell him anything he says he is the passenger and am the boss in the house so I can do whatever I want to it...we're moving too so yea I get to actually do it!

i.heart.rachel
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I just do it. She always likes what I come up with.

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM

For us, it depends on what I'm doing.  I got completely stir crazy if I don't move something around in this house every three months.  I've been like that since childhood, so he usually just rolls with it.  

If it's going to directly affect him (like, GASP, I'm moving the couch?!?!) then I'll run it by him first.  Things I'm BUYING I always run by him, mainly because I don't want him to walk in the door and have no idea where all this stuff came from!  I want a new spice rack, so I brought it up yesterday, and he of course was of the "whatever you'd like dear" attitude (which I just love by the way lol).  However, had I just bought the thing and set it up, he'd have been a bit huffy because I didn't mention it to him.

A lot of times I'll just randomly mention things I'd like to pick up, or have, or do, and when we're out shopping together he'll remember me mentioning certain things and he'll pick them up and say "Hey!  Let's get this!  Wouldn't you like to have this?" and I play it off like he's a GENIUS for anticipating my desires hehe

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensation kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)