• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do with your carseat when youre done with it?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM
  • 16 Replies

Do you donate you carseats after you re done using them? If you havent gotten in a ca accident (fender bender or otherwise) and its not expired do you give it to a womens shelter or anything? I was just wondering because I would hate to see good car seats go to waste. I have no idea what people do in my city with theirs when their kids grow out of them. I would almost like to do a car seat fundraiser by taking good seats and giving them to those who can buy one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I'm selling my car seat/stroller combo at our local flea market.

My toddler seat I gave to my mom, for she can use it for my second child.

When all my kids are out of seats, I'll probably just donate them off to SA.

imthatgirl728
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I just throw them away.

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I gave DS's infant carrier to my sister when she was expecting.  Then his first "big boy" car seat got put in my mom's car when SO temporarily lost his mind and decided that we needed bigger and better and went out and dropped a bundle on a new seat.  So now we have a convertible seat in my mom's car (which is really convenient) and a convertible seat in my car (the family car).  We considered putting it in SO's car, but he's got a tiny 2 door, and we'd never use it.

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensation kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

BabieBerrie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I brought mine along with the kids outgrown clothes and other baby things to the women and childrens shelter

-2kids4me-
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM

They Expire!?

MrsAMleibo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Quoting imthatgirl728:

I just throw them away.

00momma00
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I have given them to DCFS for incoming foster kids.

JenB1983
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I've given away all but one of my seats.  That one I sold; because it had only been used for 3 months and was a MyRide 65.  We just didn't have room to bring it when we moved; so one of my mom's coworkers bought it from me for when she had her granddaughter.  The seats I've given away have gone to families that I know could use them.

heatherann0221
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Keep them. I have a Graco Snugride sitting in my closet right now. I'm going to either sell or donate it since it only can be used to 22 pounds and then if I have another baby I want to get an infant seat that can be used to 30 pounds. The seat doesn't expire till 2014 and has been in no accidents.

halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I sold my infant seats to a consignment store. The toddler seat we kept cause its in GREAT condition (was kept in my husbands car and never really used) so the new baby can use it when s/he is older.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)