• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

d&c edited to ask??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

I havent gotten many answerd from my other post but   in a just   ds was born 8 weeks ago, bled for 3 weeks then stopped till 5. i figured it was my period it lasted a week and ended.  well  on tuesday i started bleeding again so from what ive come up with is that there is something still in there and i will ahve to have a d&c. im really scared. Things just got back to normal from bladder infections that the hospital gave me and nerve damage. Im scared ill have anothe bladder infection after getting this d&c and that i will have trouble peeing again ( it was an issue for a long time)

I am  EBF  and i am not on birth control.

im really scared about  if i do have to have one done that ill be back out of work again or that  idk... any words of advice, encouragement, comfod and experience would be helpful

are they supposed to  yank the placenta out? i thought it was supposed to come out naturally??? 

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KellyOh72
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Idk but good luck.

momma4vr
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM
hug! im scared about d&c's too..im 37 weeks and idk what to expect.
klynn80
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I didn't have any complications after my D&C - in fact from people I've talked to mine was a walk in the park.  Cramping for about a day, bled for about 4 days, but it was only heavy for the first couple.  The only issue I had, that has since corrected itself is I wasn't able to empty my bladder without leaning forward and kind of pushing if that makes sense.  That only lasted about a month or so though.  My D&C was 12/2007 if that helps. 

lilay
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I'm sorry :(  Are you sure you have to a d&c? After my son I was bleeding for 5 weeks stopped for a week and bled again for another 2 weeks stopped for a couple days and bled for another 2 weeks. I went to the OB and she said I was just doing to much and slowing my healing. Good Luck I hope it all works out for you. *Hugs*

calcalmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Has the doctor said there's something up there or are you guessing?  When I breastfed with my second, I stopped bleeding at 3 weeks, then started again 2 weeks later for about a week, then two weeks later, bleeding again for a week.  I had a "period" every 2 weeks for 5 months. I finally had to stop breastfeeding.  I was anemic from it and had no energy to do anything!

All I'm saying is talk to your doctor.  Just because you're bleeding again doesn't mean there's anything left.  Your body may just not like breastfeeding like mine.....

mommyajay
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:59 PM

fml..... i just got back to normal peeing. I had to use  that dang squirt bottle with hot hot water, then couldnt go at all, then was able to go in the bathtub. thats when i went to the ob and was sent to   the hospital where they put a cathader in and got a bladder infection.   then  for a month still peing with hot water and now finally normal ... fml fml.............. i dont want to go back to not being able to pee!

Quoting klynn80:

I didn't have any complications after my D&C - in fact from people I've talked to mine was a walk in the park.  Cramping for about a day, bled for about 4 days, but it was only heavy for the first couple.  The only issue I had, that has since corrected itself is I wasn't able to empty my bladder without leaning forward and kind of pushing if that makes sense.  That only lasted about a month or so though.  My D&C was 12/2007 if that helps. 

mommyajay
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:59 PM

i go in tomorrow to find out for sure. but from what i have collected it may be what needs to happen

Quoting lilay:

I'm sorry :(  Are you sure you have to a d&c? After my son I was bleeding for 5 weeks stopped for a week and bled again for another 2 weeks stopped for a couple days and bled for another 2 weeks. I went to the OB and she said I was just doing to much and slowing my healing. Good Luck I hope it all works out for you. *Hugs*

mommyajay
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:13 PM

bump for new question

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Mine was easy, I woke up in recovery, told the nurse I had to pee and she said no they had emptied my bladder. I insisted and she finally walked me to the bathroom where I peed a long time, she brought my clothes and I went home. I had mine done on 12/21/04 and since it was a couple days before Christmas I took off work until Monday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)