Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When common sense and religion collide

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM
  • 27 Replies

Okay so I never watch the show because the family weirds me out but nothing else was on and I watched 19 children and counting today. My thing with it is that they have all these beautiful children, healthy, happy etc. Then they had Josie. A micro-premie. Watching her struggle in the hospital, the mother all upset etc. Saying all the risks to her dying on and on. So sad.

Do you think they need to stop having children? I mean seriously she has to be way over 40. Every year older and every time she has another baby shes putting her own health and that baby's health at risk. Do you think its gone far beyond common sense for her to consider more?

To be honest I have a hard time not seeing them on the same level with other religious fanatics that are so brain washed they would risk their children's health in really careless ways. Why should people be able to hide behind their 'religious choices' to put not only theirs but their child's life at risk?

~ I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe ~

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I dont think so. My moms first child was a micro premie. She went on to have 9 more and a few were in her 40s. I dont think its anyones business to say when someone else should stop. Some women go on to have babies when they have been told that having one could kill them. Its there choice and noone should tell anyone else how many kids they need to have. That said I am glad they had so many they have some really sweet kids, very nice and moral they are making some very wonderful people to fill this world.

calcalmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:09 PM

If I were in her shoes, I would say Josie is my last....My mom always said that when your body starts affecting the health of your baby, it's time to stop.

babysyoungmom1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I guess if she dies it will be "God's will"

xoxoali
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I'm with you.

Quoting misssy2000:

I dont think so. My moms first child was a micro premie. She went on to have ten more and a few were in her 40s. I dont think its anyones business to say when someone else should stop. Some women go on to have babies when they have been told that having one could kill them. Its there choice and noone should tell anyone else how many kids they need to have. That said I am glad they had so many they have some really sweet kids, very nice and moral they are making some very wonderful people to fill this world.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:11 PM

but what about the people thatr start our with babies with health issues, they should stop at the first one??

Quoting calcalmommy:

If I were in her shoes, I would say Josie is my last....My mom always said that when your body starts affecting the health of your baby, it's time to stop.

klynn80
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I think it's between her, her doctor and her family.  The issues she had can happen with your first, fifth, or twentieth kid.  My godson was the first child, first pregnancy for his mother and she too had gallbladder issues and he was born at 22 weeks.  He's fine now, almost 2, but no way are their troubles with his birth going to sway his parents from trying again. 

If it were me and I had that many kids, I'd be done.  But whatever she decides, I hope she and her babies are safe.

southernjess3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:12 PM

i dunno...but did you know they cant dance???

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Does that go the other way to? I mean I have very healthy babies shoudl I have 19 because no thank you. lol

Quoting calcalmommy:

ready_for2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:14 PM

I THINK IT IS HORRIBLE!!!

your body can only take so much, her uterus has been pregant so many time, it cannot safely carry babies to term anymore.... SHE is at risk also.... what if she died in birth, or from complications after? then that is *19* children with no mother!!

i really think she has a pregnancy addiction problem, she is so much worse than octomon IMO, and THATs bad...

it really upsets me how selfish she is

QueenFelicia
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:17 PM

her complications had NOTHING to do with her age or the number of children she had! what happened can happen to anyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)