• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday party ideas anyone? Help, please!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter will be 9 in May and since there isn't a darn thing here to do, I need to start thinking of inexpensive fun ahead of time. I'd like to stay away from the park and my apartment is too small...the only thing we have here is a bowling alley, so I guess I will more likely than not be forced to choose the park or or tiny apartment...any ideas on what to do for fun. Or any fun and unique decorating tips or ideas?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
propp
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:18 PM

We did a tea party for my daughters 8th b-day.  The girls had to dress up and bring a doll or a bear...whatever.  I found small china tea cups and saucers on ebay for .50 each.  I also found someone selling small tea spoons for 5.00 for 20 of them.  They had "tea' sandwiches...pb&j's (kids stuff), cookies and punch.  I even spent two days making a 3D teapot birthday cake (I had nothing better to do at the time)  They had a really good time.  She still claims this was the best party ever.

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:21 PM

are there any cheap party entertainment places around you?  I know here (one of the few things there actually are for kids here) there's a local company that does bounce houses, balloon animals, magicians, clowns, etc - and it really isn't expensive.  Or maybe a pony ride?  My sister had a pony ride at her 9th birthday, and I know it couldn't have been crazy expensive because we just didn't have the money.  Those are all things you could probably set up at the park.  

Or a slip and slide?  Have all the kids bring bathing suits and towels and set up a couple of slip and slides?

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

suebee3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:23 PM

My sister had a garden party where the kids made their own tissue paper flowers. she just turned 9 in feb.    Orientaltrading.com.  you can order tissue paper or they have kits to help you.  I'm doing a rockstar theme for my son, they also have one for girls or a make-up party.   Ask her what she likes.

MiddletonFamily
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Let her have 2 friends over for a sleep over, do make overs, nails, watch silly movies. Junk food

ethansmom309
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I remember doing tea parties, and dress up/makeup when I was little. it was SO much fun. I can't really think of anything out side of that and the park. sorry. BUMP!

mama2camden
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Great ideas everyone! But I finally decided what we would do. We are going to get a room at the Super 8 and let her have a few friends spend the night and then have a pool party the next day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)