Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"i makes cry" Out of the words of Xzavier PICS ADDED (don't mind dates I didn't change it on camera)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

Well Seems xzavier (My son) has a MAJOR learning disorder. His visual memory is in the 99th percent BUTTTTTTTTT his audio memory is only 6percent. So now I have to take him to get a bunch of extreme testing. EEG, Hearing room, so on and so forth. I feel so bad for him. They explained his melt downs like this.

If you were very very smart but had no way to tell people what you know how would you feel.

He is going to be poked and prodded at for a long time yet! I started crying when I was told one of the doctors asked if it was hard not talking and understanding he responded with "I makes Cry" My poor baby!

CLICK BANNER TO JOIN!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Oh yah but they did say he was a blast to test he was very happy go lucky and they did alot of play testing with him to see how he inter acts they are also thinking he has a sensory disorder

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM

awww poor man..

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I am so sorry!  Hopefully they can help him!

Vandyswife
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:25 PM

AWWW poor baby... sign language??? I am trying to teach my DD somebasic signs shes only one though lol

gypsy_rose
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Trying that to but he realy is not catching on He does know thank you in sign and hungry

Quoting Vandyswife:

AWWW poor baby... sign language??? I am trying to teach my DD somebasic signs shes only one though lol

CLICK BANNER TO JOIN!

gypsy_rose
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Does anyoone else have a child with a comunication disorder?

hatinnd
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Poor sweet Angel.

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I am so sorry you have to go through this.  Kaleb (my son) has had to have a couple of EEG's, hearing tests, sleep studies, MRI's and the like - so I know how scary and frustrating it can be.

My best advice is to make it as stress free as possible.  I went and bought a dvd of his favorite show and brought it to the hospital for us to watch (good thing too, they stuck an iv in his foot and he was stuck in bed), his magna doodle, favorite books... and then of course we just let him roam around the room and enjoy himself... despite all the stress and as sick and worried as I was, I took two pictures that will make me laugh for the rest of my life, during one of the worst times in my life - because kids are just so amazingly resiliant.  

Anyway, Just know that you aren't alone, and as hard as it is, he'll be more likely to be calm if you are - so when you feel like you're going to panic, go outside and breathe for five minutes.

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:49 PM

baby einstein videos are amazing... DS learned so much from them so fast!  First signs, first places, videos like that were great, we just borrowed them from the library.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Trying that to but he realy is not catching on He does know thank you in sign and hungry

Quoting Vandyswife:

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

Gecko85
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM

maybe picture cards?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)