Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle this?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son sees therapists throughout the week (He has autism and SPD so he sees an OT, ST and CBRS therapist) and this morning she called (left a message, it was really early) and said "Sorry, I will not be coming to Daniel's appointment today. My cousin (she's 32) had a stroke (and she was pregnant) and lost the baby and she probably will not make it. I'm sorry, I'll call this weekend and try and make a makeup appointment for him." Her cousin lives about two and a half hours away from us.

So....do I call her back and say how sorry I am and that she is in my thoughts? (We're not close...she has only seen him about six times) Or, would her family already be doing that? I just feel bad and I want her to know I'm thinking about her, so I want to call...but on the other hand, I don't want to bombard her with stuff, kwim? But, I don't want to NOT call her because I don't want her thinking I either didn't get the message or I just didn't care....

I really want to call her and say "I'm sorry and you don't even need to think about setting up a makeup schedule until you're comfortable."

So, what would you do? And please, please keep her in your thoughts.

"And when there were bad times, we held on each other, to face what we had to get through" ~judas priest (RIP Daddy 04.03.64-08.08.08)

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hatinnd
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Send a card.

CookieQueen67
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Go with what you're feeling. I would call too. It's nice to know others understand and are thinking of you when you are in pain.

aleciamarie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I would just call her back, odds are she won't even answer....I would leave a message that said:

"Hi, this is ____.  I just wanted to let you know that I recieved your message and that you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.  Don't worry about calling this weekend to set up a make up appointment...we can figure all that out at a later date.  Again, I am terribly sorry to hear your sad news"

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I agree this sounds great.

Quoting aleciamarie:

I would just call her back, odds are she won't even answer....I would leave a message that said:

"Hi, this is ____.  I just wanted to let you know that I recieved your message and that you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.  Don't worry about calling this weekend to set up a make up appointment...we can figure all that out at a later date.  Again, I am terribly sorry to hear your sad news"

Clickable to GROUP

chairhead28
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Quoting aleciamarie:

Thank you! I will do this.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Quoting aleciamarie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)