Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! So EXCITED!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

I just recieved a phone calls tating that all I have to do is take a physical to get into the ROTC program at my university!  I will be entering as a Sophmore level although I will be  Jr, but this way I get to recap on my prior military stuff!  I will still get to go to training next summer in Washington!  I am so freaking excited!   When I graduate I will be a 2nd Lt in the Army!  Whoo hoo!  I am getting my Bach in Physical education with a minor in military science!  I have a three year old and two two year olds!  I am just so exciited!  I was a SGT in the Army but got out after having the twins, (11 weeks early) they had some health issues, but they are fine now so I am ready!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hatinnd
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Congrats and best of luck!

shortyalicia
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Good luck and congrats!!

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Thanks ladies!

CookieQueen67
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Congratulations! I do have a question though if you don't mind. I was in the Army right after hs before I had a family. With everyone being sent overseas I have wondered how women can leave their children. I don't think I could do it. I love my country and all but my kids come first. I'm glad we have people like you who are willing to sacrifice for us.

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I do not mind!  I guess I was rasied that way?  My dad was gone from the time I was born until I was 5.  He was Army and was always gone to different countries, he can not even tell us where he went.  (we have our theories) He was injured and they put him out, my mom joined the military when I was 6.  she was put out fast due to breaking her back!  I just grew up in a military family, I have always loved the military and knew that is what I wanted to do.  It will be hard if I have to leave my children for any amount of time, however I am planning on if I do have to leave them they will be home with Daddy, unless we are both deployed then they will be old enough to understand somewhat on what Mommy and Daddy are doing and they should understand.  I will miss them, but that is why I try to spend as much time with them as I can now. 

Quoting CookieQueen67:

Congratulations! I do have a question though if you don't mind. I was in the Army right after hs before I had a family. With everyone being sent overseas I have wondered how women can leave their children. I don't think I could do it. I love my country and all but my kids come first. I'm glad we have people like you who are willing to sacrifice for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)