Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the point of having a thermometer?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

I've been sick for days now. Chest and nose congestion and now I have a fever. I am about to dose myself up with more medication but I wanted to take my temperature first to see what it was at.

I took it and the stupid thing said my temperature was 97.1! That isn't even the normal temperature for a person! So i don't know if I have a really high fever or just a small one.

In addition to my stupid sick vent I wanted to ask if anyone had a thermometer that actually takes a correct temperature and where you got it. Thanks!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Come check out my blog, "Life, Homemaking and Books!"at www.pandorasjen79.blogspot.com
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
WickedWonder
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:27 PM

i use the glass thermometers..i find the digis don't work well. try walmart!

carrieasia
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM

well  actually 97.1 is my normal temperature.  when ever i have gone to the doctor, if i didnt have a fever that was about my reading give or take a point one.  when i was pregnant my temperature was always 97.5

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I've got a digital ear one that works great, if you use it right lol.  My mom bought it at K-mart before it closed down (the one by us shut down last summer).

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

Daemons_mommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Do they still make glass thermometers? I thought it was all digital now. Thanks!

Quoting WickedWonder:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Come check out my blog, "Life, Homemaking and Books!"at www.pandorasjen79.blogspot.com
WickedWonder
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:30 PM

pretty sure..i bought mine about a month back at one of the walmarts here. i would also check online if they don't carry them where you are at.

Quoting Daemons_mommy:

Do they still make glass thermometers? I thought it was all digital now. Thanks!

Quoting WickedWonder:

KandiceN
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Just cause your sick doesn't mean you'll have a temp.  Most the time I'm on my death bed and I'm still a perfect 98.6. I don't even bother taking my temp anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)