Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of my post about military

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:27 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Military?

Options:

Yes

No

Already served

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

I guess this is kinda a spin of, but would you join the military willingly?  I am a ware that quite a few moms are against this.  I just wanted to see numbers thats all!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaye_e
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I wouldn't join the military, but my hubby is in the army. He's getting out in October. The military has some really great things about it, but we can't wait to be free to live where we want again.

klynn80
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Hubby's in now - he'll hit 20 years in 2018.  I am considering applying to JAG after law school.  It's a ways away, but something I'm seriously considering.

JenB1983
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM

LOL..whoops, guess I should have actually looked at all the options. ;-)  I voted yes....but I've been there, done that, got quite a few t-shirts left.  LOL  However, I have thought about re-enlisting once DH retires(as early as June 2012).

MommyJewell
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM

i would serve if i could! i have a hole in my heart and i am unable to serve and have been hospitalized. i would never pass the medical part....i tried when i was younger!!! i wanted to follow my in dads footsteps and serve, but in the end they told me no. there was no other option. so i didn't vote. =0)

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I am sorry to hear that! 

Quoting MommyJewell:

i would serve if i could! i have a hole in my heart and i am unable to serve and have been hospitalized. i would never pass the medical part....i tried when i was younger!!! i wanted to follow my in dads footsteps and serve, but in the end they told me no. there was no other option. so i didn't vote. =0)

emmiesmommy1109

I plan to join National Guard once DH gets out of the Marines in 3 years.

usafwife314

Ummmm....I'm a woman....so willingly would be the only way I would join.  They can't force you.

But yes I would join if I weren't getting to old to do so.  I started to join and then found out I was pregnant with my oldest.

lovingwifey

lol, yes they do give you a lot of shirts!  Thats for sure!

Quoting JenB1983:

LOL..whoops, guess I should have actually looked at all the options. ;-)  I voted yes....but I've been there, done that, got quite a few t-shirts left.  LOL  However, I have thought about re-enlisting once DH retires(as early as June 2012).

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Sorry I guess I should have worded it different?

Quoting usafwife314:

Ummmm....I'm a woman....so willingly would be the only way I would join.  They can't force you.

But yes I would join if I weren't getting to old to do so.  I started to join and then found out I was pregnant with my oldest.

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Thats great!

Quoting emmiesmommy1109:

I plan to join National Guard once DH gets out of the Marines in 3 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)