• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some people really do need to just RELAX!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM
  • 47 Replies

My daughter will be 8 in may, she has really short hair. Well i thought it would be a treat and she wanted it done, so my friend put extensions in her hair.

Guaranteed yes...its a bit long, however...this will NOT be a all the time thing, im pretty sure this is a once in a lifetime thing, and if she does get it again ....ill make sure its shorter.

But for right now, its different and my daughter is loving it!.

Here is a before pic, and an after pic.

Before (her hair is a bit longer than in this pic)

With extensions

Now here is why i say people have to relax!, a teacher said to my DD "why on earth did your mother let you do that? you are much too young", then today i heard another conversation between two parents the one mom was saying "ya know kids grow up to much these days, and wear and do things that are too old for them, like that girls hair over there...she is much to young for that kind of thing" I didnt say anything to the mom i just laughed it off.

Im thinking to myself...dang its JUST extensions!, i didnt dye her hair, i dont let her wear clothing that i do not think is fit for a 7/8 year old to wear....

Just thought it was funny, i mean...the extensions are only going to be in for two weeks tops....its not that big of a deal lol.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chelleybeans
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I think they are cute

babysyoungmom1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I LOVE it :) Looks great!!

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I really like her ahir like that!  It looks really good!  They are just jealous!

hatinnd

She looks cute!   People are stoopid!

*         DO NOT buy a car from Tommy Denic of Palatine or Roselle, IL.  You can see why on my page.....  Or visit youtube: keyword (tdenic)    Help me save others from this misery...

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Shoot, I use to wear extentions when I was 7. No one ever said anything.

Babyd0ll49

i think she looks great...you should let her real hair grow out...

jilltruj369
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:37 PM

i would probably be one of the people saying something.  I think it looks silly. Sorry.

Aislinn
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Huh. I did not know hair extensions were so controversial.

SLGross215
by Sarah on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I think it looks cute. She's a pretty girl.

katiexoxo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:40 PM

yeah it looks kinda silly for a little girl to have red streaks and mermaid long hair.. but not in a bad way! she's seven kids are silly! looks liek she likes them, and is having fun with that hair! i see clip on hair at walmart for little girls to put in their hair that's pink, what's the difference? it's nothing permanent! and even if it was, screw what other people think as long as your pretty girl is happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)