• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gestational diabetes.. pigo

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM
  • 13 Replies

anyone have gestational diabetes?? and if so when did u find out u had it and how are u dealin with it?

me i founf out when i was 4 weeks and it hard for mw i feel like i have to watch everythign i eat or my baby girl will come out with something wrong with her! =( but for right now mine was well controled with diet only... this week it been a lil out of controle! =(

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devomoma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM

come on i know there is someone out there!

devrocarek
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I had it with my youngest but I had moved and my phone company took forever to get my phone hooked back up so it went untreated for about a month... it caused me to have a c section with him however he turned out ok thankfully! The only problem he had wasn't related to my GD, at least not from what my doc told me anyways.  I just had to be very careful of what I ate though mine was still really hard to control.  My doc said if she could have gotten ahold of me sooner she might have put me on insulin to help control it. 

chelleybeans
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Wow, how did you find out at 4 weeks and are they sure it's just gestational and that you don't have diabetes in general? I didn't get tested for it and it runs heavily in my family til I was like 20 weeks or so or something. Way further along than 4 weeks for sure though.

devomoma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:14 PM

i had sugar in my urin... =( no i didnt have it before that... my H1C was fine before that!

Quoting chelleybeans:

Wow, how did you find out at 4 weeks and are they sure it's just gestational and that you don't have diabetes in general? I didn't get tested for it and it runs heavily in my family til I was like 20 weeks or so or something. Way further along than 4 weeks for sure though.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

devomoma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:15 PM

i so didnt want a c section again but beacuse of this i have to have another one! =(

Quoting devrocarek:

I had it with my youngest but I had moved and my phone company took forever to get my phone hooked back up so it went untreated for about a month... it caused me to have a c section with him however he turned out ok thankfully! The only problem he had wasn't related to my GD, at least not from what my doc told me anyways.  I just had to be very careful of what I ate though mine was still really hard to control.  My doc said if she could have gotten ahold of me sooner she might have put me on insulin to help control it. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

chelleybeans
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Ah I see, wow.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I found out at 10 weeks.   Diet didn't work for me I had to take meds also.  I took Glyburide.  It is common for GD to get worse as you go along.  Stick to diet religiously and if you can't get it controlled take the meds.  My beautiful DD is 1 yr old today because I followed everything religiously.  I had a friend who didn't and hers didn't survive.  Have you seen the GD nurse yet to explain to you how many carbs a day you should eat and what foods really just should be avoided cause they cause your sugar to spike??

CafeMom Tickers

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Yes I had it when I was pregnant. Really watch the diet, for the baby's sake. I am now older. Diebetes runs in my family, and I was just diagnosed with it in January. If you have gestational diebetes you are much more likely to have it when you are older. My family has it on both sides. Be very careful of the diet, I think I read it can cause brain damage in the baby if you do not. I think I read that somewhere, so be careful. Anyway those babies can get big if you don't stick to it. I had a 9 lb 3 oz baby and I think I had it, it just wasn't diagnosed. hey good luck.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

My other pregnancy I was diagnosed with gestational diebetes.

devomoma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:25 PM

yeah, talk to the GD nurse a long time ago! and i guess it cause i am gettin further along now it wants to get bad!  maybe i need to tweek my diet more!! it woudl kill me to lose my baby!! i 4real dont knwo what i would do if i did!!!

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I found out at 10 weeks.   Diet didn't work for me I had to take meds also.  I took Glyburide.  It is common for GD to get worse as you go along.  Stick to diet religiously and if you can't get it controlled take the meds.  My beautiful DD is 1 yr old today because I followed everything religiously.  I had a friend who didn't and hers didn't survive.  Have you seen the GD nurse yet to explain to you how many carbs a day you should eat and what foods really just should be avoided cause they cause your sugar to spike??

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)