Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What age did u give your baby milk?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:32 PM
  • 28 Replies

My daughter is 10 months old and she is a bf baby,  I have to go back to wook soon and I really didnt want to get her on formula.  I for some reason have a very hard time pumping so I was thinking I could feed her before and after work but while she is in daycare im trying to think what I can do?  She is the only one outta my four babies that was bf so long so I was wishing she was maybe old enough to maybe give her like 1 -2 cups of milk and the rest juice while she was at daycare!!  What did u do??

in loveteen girlteen boytoddler boytoddler girlbreastfeeding

Wife to a Bad A** Hubby and mother to 5 GREAT kids!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KBM99
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I started milk at 11 months.. And he did great with it.. Never had a problem
But he wasnt breastfeed he was formula feed when I switched him

Mommy2LnJ
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Quoting KBM99:

same here

I'm a strong, pro-choice, spanking when needed, put off today what can be done tomorrow, make a fool of myself to make my kids laugh, country music lovin', tattoo addicted, Brett Favre loving SAHM of 2 1/2yr old twin boys. *The tattoo is the mark of the soul. It can act as a window through which we can see inside, or it can be a shield to protect us from those who cannot see past the surface*

Amom4BabyDude
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Quoting KBM99:

But he wasnt breastfeed he was formula feed when I switched him

Yep...11 months.  I breastfed for like 8 months (stopped because got pregnant), did formula for 3, then started milk.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:36 PM

9 months but only with meals and she still got formula.  unless your child is eating really well you need to use formula.  Also I still haven't given DD juice it has alot of acid( bad for teeth and stomach, alot of sugar and almost no nutritional value)  IMO you will be making a huge mistake to give your Lo milk and juice instead of formula or pumped breast milk. 

Christine0813
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM

1 year.

Mandymb

1 year is what pediatricians recommend.

SamiJ18

At a year.  If she's breastfed and you feel the need to wean her, why not goat's milk rather than cow's milk?  My daughter was a FF baby at the time so I don't know how BF babies do versus FF babies when they're switched to cow's milk.

AshMomToShawn
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM

One year!  

jvp1410
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM

She is a very good eater!!  That is why I think only 1-2 cups a day!!  I would love to pump but like I said I have a hard time doing it!!!  I can be soooo full and only pump like 2 oz!!  And juice I only give her 1 cup (half juice and half water) a day!

Quoting erinsmom1964:

9 months but only with meals and she still got formula.  unless your child is eating really well you need to use formula.  Also I still haven't given DD juice it has alot of acid( bad for teeth and stomach, alot of sugar and almost no nutritional value)  IMO you will be making a huge mistake to give your Lo milk and juice instead of formula or pumped breast milk. 

in loveteen girlteen boytoddler boytoddler girlbreastfeeding

Wife to a Bad A** Hubby and mother to 5 GREAT kids!!

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:40 PM

My baby is 11 months and I started mixing milk in with his formula about a week ago. He will be 1 in about 2 and a half weeks so I wanted to get him used to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)