Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

April Fools joke backfire on you?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:48 PM
  • 31 Replies

So I figured my hubby would freak out if I told him I was pregnant again. Especially being that our youngest isnt even a year old. Well to my surprise, he was excited..Lol. He still doesn't know that it was just a joke. He just asked if we were ever going to get out of diapers. He even called his mom and told her, she knew ahead of time what I was going to do, so she played along and started yelling at him. Its funny. But I'm still in shock that he is excited. I almost wish I didnt have to tell him it was a joke.

Anyone else have an April Fools joke backfire on you?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blakie123
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:49 PM

hahah thats funny!!

itsallabtthem84
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Hopefully you tell him soon it was joke before he tells everyone and then you have lots of explaining to do.

I didn't have anything back fire but I did have a few confused & not understanding the joke.

maddoxsmama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Lol. I will tell him soon. Everyone around already knew what I was going to do so it all works out except having to tell him. I'm just shocked he was happy about it.

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

Hopefully you tell him soon it was joke before he tells everyone and then you have lots of explaining to do.

I didn't have anything back fire but I did have a few confused & not understanding the joke.

zoeysmom331
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:59 PM

LOL no, but I had one friend try to pull off the pregnant card (she messed up and said she was 3 months pregnant and due in the beginning of September. I'm 3 months and due the middle of October lol) and another who tried to tell me her BF of 5 months proposed lol

OAmy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I did! Well....my husband did, really. My son woke up in the middle of the night. I thought it was strange, but it was a full moon, lol! I left a note on the kitchen table to check his temperature before he went to school. My husband sent me a text saying Noah had a fever. Then, he sent "April Fools." A few hours later, the school called. Noah threw up in his class and had a fever...for real! Poor Noah...if only his dad hadn't joked at his expense.

maddoxsmama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Lol. Surprisingly no one has tried to fool me this year. Usually I'm the gullible one that falls for anything lol.

Lol maybe next time she should put some more thought into her prank! Make sure she has the right dates lol.

Quoting zoeysmom331:

LOL no, but I had one friend try to pull off the pregnant card (she messed up and said she was 3 months pregnant and due in the beginning of September. I'm 3 months and due the middle of October lol) and another who tried to tell me her BF of 5 months proposed lol

maddoxsmama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Aww poor Noah. Guess Daddy wont joke about it anymore! lol.

Hope he feels better!

Quoting OAmy:

I did! Well....my husband did, really. My son woke up in the middle of the night. I thought it was strange, but it was a full moon, lol! I left a note on the kitchen table to check his temperature before he went to school. My husband sent me a text saying Noah had a fever. Then, he sent "April Fools." A few hours later, the school called. Noah threw up in his class and had a fever...for real! Poor Noah...if only his dad hadn't joked at his expense.

Julielle
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Not really a backfire, but DH called me around 12:30 and told me that we were going to have to cut our weekend vacation down from 4 days to 2 because his CSR didn't show up for work today and all of her stuff is gone off of her desk. I thought he was April Fooling me....turns out he was serious. Crap like that only happens to me. =(

zoeysmom331
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM
Quoting maddoxsmama:

Lol. Surprisingly no one has tried to fool me this year. Usually I'm the gullible one that falls for anything lol.

Lol maybe next time she should put some more thought into her prank! Make sure she has the right dates lol.

Quoting zoeysmom331:

Surprisingly not many people caught it! She put it as her facebook status and about 30 people were congratulating her!

Nece06
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM

LOL well our youngest is 2months!!!!!! and the exact same thing happened with hubby now he's wanting to try for #3 !!!! :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)