Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? (teen question)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

My DS is dating a girl that I absolutely can not stand.  What would you do?  He always wants to invite her over and I have a really tough time 'hanging out' with someone that I don't like.

Any suggestions recommended.  Don't bother bashing, cuz I have my reasons which are very lengthy and justified.

Heather

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I dont have any teens yet, but the whole thought of them dating someone I hate, kinda scares me a bit lol. Have you maybe tried explaining to him, nicely, why you dont care for her?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
---Umberto Eco

rg87
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Tell him what you think, but don't try to force anything on him.  

momto3infl
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Deal with it until he is willing to move on or realizes things about her and moves on.

itsallabtthem84
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Why do you not like her? Have you even tried to get to know her before you judge her?

krise
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM

why don't you care for her?

baparrot2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM

keep your mouth shut...they'll be split up soon enough!

WickedWonder
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Quoting rg87:

Tell him what you think, but don't try to force anything on him.  

MommytoKenzie08
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Sorry but I can't really give good advice until I know more details about her. What are your justified reasons?

andreaw03
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Yeah...I'm with the other ppl....what don't you like about her?  If you show him all the time that you don't like her.....more often then not he'll stay with her just because of that.  Remember being a teen? :) maybe try to get to know her some more....? I dunno...

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM

i'd question why you dont like her. i know that we have that mother's instinct, but other than that- why? is it just cuz now your baby boy is all grown up? or her behavior, her past, etc? i say get to know her a lil bit and then judge her based on her ACTIONS, not on what you THINK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)