Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Outside while baby sleeping?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:04 PM
  • 31 Replies

So, I was reading the post about leaving children in the car and was wondering...while your child is napping in their crib, do you go outside into the yard?  I do for short periods of time - to feed the pets, to water, etc.  If I am outside longer than a couple minutes I will poke my head back in constantly.  I don't have a monitor. 

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Sometimes DH and I will sit outside and smoke the hookah. But we sit by the door and we know when she is out, she is out!

andreaw03
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM

LOL....we're the SAME way!  Ahhhhh.....I love hookah! 

Quoting isra1986:

Sometimes DH and I will sit outside and smoke the hookah. But we sit by the door and we know when she is out, she is out!

darcyk10
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Id just leave the door open. We have 750 square feet of goodness so its easy to know when shes up to no good lol.

isra1986
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Lol! I just started smoking it in January, I was scared to try it before, but it is relaxing!

Quoting andreaw03:

Quoting isra1986:

imthatgirl728
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Of course I do.

lilydoyle
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM

My garage opens up in the middle of my house. My 1 y.o. only sleeps during the day in the car. So, if she falls asleep on the way home, I pull into the garage, turn the car off, get whatever I need, and leave her in the car. (Yes, I roll the windows down) I close the outside garage door, but leave open the inside door, leading to the house. And every day, when we're home, I put her to bed at one for nap-time (although it rarely works) and close the door. Yes, she cries, but now she climbs out of her toddler bed and plays, or gives up and lays on the floor, or climbs back into bed. I believe in C.I.O., and believe me, we had a horrible time months 3through 8 with sleeping, so I take my breaks when I can get them. During nap-time I might go outside, or do things around the house, but I never go far.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I'll wash my car if DD is napping. I have a monitor outside too.

dylansmom26
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

what can you smoke in it? just wondering? 

Quoting isra1986:

Lol! I just started smoking it in January, I was scared to try it before, but it is relaxing!

Quoting andreaw03:

Quoting isra1986:

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Yes.  We've got a video monitor, so we can keep an eye on DS (we actually bought it because of night terrors).

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

ArmyWife151
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:13 PM

what the eff is hookah?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)