Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just had the scariest thing happen to me!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:06 PM
  • 20 Replies

We live in upstairs in an old bank building...and it has these giant windows...They are about 5 feet tall...and the bottom of the window starts about 2 feet off the floor...anyways!!! Because we live upstairs I never open the windows because of my 2yr old..well anyways...nice day...I open the windows....anyways...I run in the other room to pick up the baby..he's crying and I hear this noise....I come back in to the living room and my son is standing on the window ledge...its pretty wide...and the screen is gone...completley gone......I was told by our landlord that the screens cant come out for obvious safety reasons..and the one time we checked them when we moved in...we couldnt move them...they are in there forever...well apperently he was wrong....I just almost had a heart attack...I never dived over a couch before in my life!!!!! I can't believe it almost happend...I dont know what I wouldve done had he fallen out that window....Let's just say those window's are never being opened again....

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jahvarzionmomma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM

omg i would have had a heart attack i am so glad he is ok

USMCwife22
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM

same here...I am completley rattled!!!! I've never had anything really dangerous ever happen to him before!!!

Quoting jahvarzionmomma:

omg i would have had a heart attack i am so glad he is ok

darcyk10
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Omg how terrifying!!!!!

CharityS
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:23 PM

My ex husband and his brother fell out a second story window when the where younger onto the cement. My ex was covered with a blanket the thought he was dead until the blanket started crawling and his brother landed on him. They ended up in the hopital for over 3 months and my ex was in a coma for almost 2. So he was always scared to death with our kids and any window. I am so happy you baby didn't fall out the window.

Abutcher
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Oh My Goodness!! I bet you were the best diver at that moment. Iam so sorry. I know how you feel though. My daughter was yelling help last week- but I didnt think anything of it because they play spiderman and her brothers rescue her. After she wouldnt stop yelling I went into her room and she was choking with the blind cord around her neck. So tight I couldnt even get a piece of my hand in between the cord.....I had to cut the whole cord off and then she had marks around her neck for 2 days. Her life flashed in front of my eyes. Why do children do these things?   I would deffiently be talking to the landlord. But there is special window things you can put on the windows to prevent this type of situation from happening. Good Luck!

JMVITT
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Oh man, is your heart beating normally again?  My kids have scared the living shit outta me standing on the stairs.  I never ran for them because I am terrified they would make a sudden movement and fall down.  I don't know what I would have done in your situation but I can guarantee you that my heart would have stopped beating!!  Glad he is safe :)

CODYSMOM_00
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM

wow!!! glad he is ok. how high up is it?

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM

My heart is pounding for you, thank God you got there in time!  

Owner/Moderator of these groups, please feel free to join!

AP MOMS     CRUNCHY    LLLCAFEMOM    BF MOMS    NATURAL PG 

slm047
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I'm glad he's okay!!!

USMCwife22
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:44 PM

well we are on the second floor..so its a good ways down..

Quoting CODYSMOM_00:

wow!!! glad he is ok. how high up is it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)