• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the difference is?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM
  • 14 Replies

what would you consider the difference between beating and whooping your kids???

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2mandjax
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM

there isn't one.

mommymandaleigh
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I spank on the bottom or a light pop on the mouth are just that. Anything beyond that and more than once seems a bit extreme! For all you momma's out there who are going to say seriously a pop in the mouth YES I am serious ! It seems to stop that sassy talk real quick and I have never made her bleed or cry by doing it ! Not that I even need to justify myself to a bunch of peeps on the internet !

babysyoungmom1

Beating the ever living crap within an inch of their life and discipline are different that's what. If you can't differentiate I don't know what to think about you.

Use it

hautemama83

I've always thought of "whooping" as a spanking, and since spanking isnt beating, I guess thats what the difference would be IMO anyway.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
---Umberto Eco

myouroboros
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

the spelling.

rg87
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

No difference between those two.

acaisha
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:13 PM

LOL whooping.. that cracks me up like opening a can of whoop ass.

I thought they were the same thing

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Aren't they by definition the same thing?

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

PsychMommie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:15 PM

whooping is legel, beating is not. Beating is out of control, leaves marks.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Eh..  I don't use either but I do 'spank' as a last resort which is rare.  I hear people say WHOOPING all the time here in NC!  Lmao infact I went to pick Naeem up from daycare this afternoon and this lady told her son if he didn't get in the car he was gonna get a whoopin' when he got home!  Lol that term kinda makes me giggle to be honest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)