Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Other Mom in Target

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM
  • 14 Replies

I know my children walked in your way as you passed by with your cart. That is why I told them to come back and let the nice lady pass and stay with me.  99.9 percent of the time they do not act up at the store.

Today they were not being as respectful as they could be and I corrected them.  I didn't yell at them or spank them and they listened when I called them to me.  I honestly did not need the dirty look and the continued ugly glare over your shoulder as you passed by.  I corrected my children and you heard me.  I wasn't mean or disrespectful to them or you.  You walked by too fast for me to let them apologize and I did tell them to say excuse me.  But you continued to glare at me over your shoulder. 

I honestly did not mean to let my children get in the way.  However, even children who are well behaved, misbehave sometimes.  They aren't perfect but they were not being loud or obnoxious.  They were however taking up way too much space to be polite and I immediately corrected that.  I am sorry that somehow inconveniences you or made you upset...but I am a Mom only trying to do my best.  I also talked to them when we were in our car about respecting others in the store by not stretching out like that.  They listened and agreed to do better next time. 

I don't know what else you expected...but I was going to spank them over that or berate them.  I made them correct their action, they did so and we all said excuse me as well.  So I really, just don't understand the glare and dirty look.

Thanks that is all

The Mom that bothered you in Target.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jynnifer292
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I would have told them to go hug her because she looked like she needed some love. j/k

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Well I would have but I was afraid she'd backhand them..LOL.  I just smiled while she glared...though..LOL

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I know just how you feel!!

mommatbot
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:32 PM

There was no reason she couldn't have said excuse me either. It wasn't all your kids fault.

hautemama83

Sounds like she was having a bad day too.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
---Umberto Eco

spurdy

Well it sounds like you have great kids to me! It's too bad some people have lousy attitudes and no patience!

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:32 PM

I have to add, that if someone is staring at me when my daughter is acting up I stare back and usually ask if they like the entertainment.

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Lol, well, at least your kids were respectful!  I just barely stopped DS from head-butting someone in CVS today!  

And you wanna talk dirty looks?  Some piece of work in Walmart the other day ran INTO me - not my cart, ME while I was walking down the milk isle, and then gave me the look of death because.. I don't know, I was taking up mass?  I was in the middle of a hormonal hurricane too, so she's lucky I kept my tongue!

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

2love
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:34 PM

While we were doing groceries today there was a lady who looked at dd weird today because she was sitting in the basket and singing...super weird right and she wouldnt stop looking...so smart ass that I am I said,any certain songs we'd like to hear today?LOL!Umm yeah she decided to stare somewhere else.it wasnt the fact that she was looking it was how she was looking so I said something.And I probably would say what jynnifer said lol.

jothra
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Maybe it was better. I had one little boy I watched walk up to a lady when he accidently ran into her with his bike and tell her he was sorry. I mean we went out of our way to find her and apologize. She told him that it wasn't OK and he was a very bad little boy. I was just shocked. I told him not to listen, he did what was right, she was just in a grumpy mood. He was 4, give it a rest!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)