Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im horrible!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was walmart grocery shopping. As I was in checkout line all 3 kids started fussing! YAY!! So I pay and leave and as Im walking out,my flip flop breaks. Im like great, and then my 3 year gets in betweent the cart and me and is trying to stand on it Im trying to get her out of the way. The cart is extremely heavy and then CRASH! The cart fell off the curb and all 3 kids fell! Landon's carseat fell straight up so he didnt hit the ground at all. Kyla scrapped her elbow and Marissa just scratched her leg. I started bawling my eyes out. Picked up Marissa to check her bent down to  see if Kyla was alright and then went over to Landon. He wasnt crying but was responsive and fine. Then about 5 people came over and helped me. I had one carry Landon, one walk with Kyla, and one push the cart. The other 2 helped them put my stuff back in the cart. Im still crying as we are walking. I feel so horrible. Like the worst mother. Im telling the kids ILL BUY YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT!! I feel so bad!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
audriesmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Oh my I am so sorry.  I had my daughter in the car seat on the cart and my oldest pulled on the carseat and it fell.  Luckily the baby was not hurt.  I was in the middle of shopping and I just left the cart where it was a nd walked out.  I was so upset.

mommywife06
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I had Marissa in the front and the carseat on the back of the cart ya know? And on bottom groceries and full of groceries. I felt so horrible. I cried the entire time. I got the kids in the car and I sat there for a minute so I didnt drive upset. I still feel horrible even though they are ok

TristensMama06
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:34 PM

You're not horrible at all. It was just a crappy moment where it was a perfect storm of bad things happening all at once, and it ended with the cart tipping over. It's not like you shoved the cart and hit your kids with it or something, right? So how can you blame yourself for this? I can understand needing to cry though, sometimes you just have to let the frustration out. But don't get down on yourself b/c of a bad moment, as far as I can tell u didn't do anything wrong.

Smile! :-)

Photobucket

mommywife06
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I know I just omg!! All day I have been frustrated. And then this happened! I am still in the giving mood and my 3 year old knows it lol

kiernansmom08
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Awwwww HUGS!!!!! I'm so sorry you had such a bad day!!!!  Have a good cry and know that you are still a great mom, just stuff happens!!

reecenkaden
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Wow, rough day.

But you're no more horrible than the rest of us.

When I worked in a toy store there was a Mom buying a toy to quiet her screaming 3 yr old while her infant sat quietly in the carseat perched on the stroller.

Well screaming 3 yr old took off running for the door on the store and Mom took off after 3 yr old and caught her wrist in her purse which was on the handle of the stroller. She tipped the stroller, baby and all running after bratty toddler. The baby was not strapped in, nor was the seat locked into the stroller.

Baby on the floor, kid out the door. She was mortified. We let her calm down in the back and even bought her lunch.

Somedays just suck worse than others. Crying is a sign of strenght not weakness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)