Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need inpute about dog...(more of a vent)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM
  • 2 Replies

sorry this is so long and its probably all over the place I'm just really stressed out over this whether its really that big of a deal or not.

So last October I found an add for free Presa Canario puppies. We had been looking into getting a puppy and we ended up getting one. When we first got her my son was almost 2 and i was prego with our second and my hubby was going to train her. Now we have a 2 year old, an infant, and a HUGE puppy that wont listen to ME at all. DH says she listens to her cuz he trainer her but IMO she doesn't do very, i interstand that she still is a baby, just a huge freakin baby. But anyway she has zero respect for my 2 year old, she walks all over him and barely listens to me at all. I don't want an animal that refuses to obey like she does. I wouldn't say she is a bad dog, but i think she is too big, too young and too untrained for our family. DH says if i want to get rid of her I have to arrange it. with, I'm to the point that i want nothing to do with her, i have no love for her at all, no connection at all. She is just there and wont listen. I would hate to have to explain to my son why Ginger isn't here in anymore if we were to find her a new home, and its worse considering my DH is going to spend the next year in Korea starting in may. I don't know what i want to do, or need to do. I am not a dog person at all and honestly i think its my fault for ever wanting a dog, i only really wanted one because i thought it would make DH an DS happier, but all it does is cause ME stress. We will be moving to Reno from here (az) within the next month and when we get there i plan on starting school, getting at least a part time job, and enlisting in the reserves. We made an offer on a house in Reno and if we get it i wouldn't mind keeping her IF she stayed outside in the dog-run, i am at my wits end with having a dog in the house.  I don't know if it would suit us (me) as well as the dog better if i were to find her a new better suiting home or if i should try and squeeze in dog training classes. I dunno what to do, any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
clovismommy25
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM

She needs to get professional training! And fast! Or else I would get rid of her! We have a ST Bernard mix and he is amazing. DH and I are training him equally and he is fantastic with the boys! (they are 4yrs and the other is 16 mos)

Jynnifer292
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM

If you are going to just keep her outside, find her a home with someone that wants her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)