Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"You are grounded FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM
  • 15 Replies

I swore I would never say it. And I said it. My 14 year old got all over my ever lovin last nerve today. She couldn't open her mouth without sassing or being disrespectful. When it came time to do her chores (sweeping and taking out the trash) she was kicking things out of her way to sweep. In our living room we have a play area for the little ones where their toys are and some of them were out of the area they are supposed to be in . So she was mad that they were in her way I guess. When she kicked them I got onto her and told her that she was not allowed to disrespect other people's things. She mouthed back and continued running her mouth so I went to her room and got out her DS Lite. I put it on the ground and told her to kick it. Tears immediately started flowing.  I yelled a little and picked it up and told her to go to her room for the rest of the night because it was either that or I was going to beat her.

Well apparently she took that as a threat and used her cell phone (which I forgot to take away)  to CALL THE COPS!  They called me back on the house phone and I explained to them what was going on and they never even came to the house. We live in a small town so we all know each other. Anyway I went to her room and told her she was grounded forever. Tomorrow is Good Friday and I told her that her Easter was cancled and to not come out of her room except for to go to the bathroom.

UGH Teenagers.

Join me in this group! Learn about finances, offer support and advice! http://www.cafemom.com/group/108534/

Do you really want to call someone out? Tell them what you really think? Do you want to be able to SAY ANYTHING? Well "put on your big girl panties" is the forum for you! We don't delete. We cuss.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/104777

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:37 PM

lol im sorry to hear that. i told my kids a long time ago that if they called the cops on me they would take them and put them in foster care w ppl that didnt give a crap about them.

totalbitch8604
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:37 PM

I feel your pain, my oldest dd will be 14 on June 1st and she is a pain most of the time! lol

excougarmama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I just dont understand why she is incapable of saying anything at all without being a little smart mouth.

kiernansmom08
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM

My mom used to tell us that all the time!  LOL!!!! She'd say go ahead and call them.  You're the one that has to leave all your clothes and toys here and go live with strangers, we'll get to stay here because they think taking you away is punishment enough.

To the OP - Stories like this make me scared, LOL.  My dd is almost 2 and already full of sass.  Drives me nuts, I'm terrified of what's in store when she's a teenager!

Quoting faerie75:

lol im sorry to hear that. i told my kids a long time ago that if they called the cops on me they would take them and put them in foster care w ppl that didnt give a crap about them.

perfectkitten

Teenagers use the cop threat well these days don't they? I would have told her she thinks she has it bad now. Go spend some time in the system. I know it sounds mean, but maybe scaring her will straighten her out. I can't stand when my teenage DD mouths off to me. It gets on my ever loving nerve. LOL!

TristensMama06

UGH, I am SO not looking forward to the day my son becomes a teenager! I'm totally going to do like faerie75 and also like my boss's mom did and nip it in the bud early....my boss told me his mom would hand him the phone and tell him to go ahead and call the cops or CPS right in front of her. That alone was enough to scare him out of actually doing it. But yeah it's kinda true about the foster care thing, good idea!

Quoting faerie75:

Photobucket

marilyn623
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:44 PM

because she's 14 perhaps?? lol. i'm so not looking forward to those years.. i've got a decade to prepare

Quoting excougarmama:

I just dont understand why she is incapable of saying anything at all without being a little smart mouth.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM

lol my 15 year old is never a problem but my almost 12 yr old is going to give me a run for my money and make up for the big ones "goodness" but i doubt hed call cops on me because hes so far up my butt i cant imagine him ever giving me breathing room hahah

Quoting kiernansmom08:

My mom used to tell us that all the time!  LOL!!!! She'd say go ahead and call them.  You're the one that has to leave all your clothes and toys here and go live with strangers, we'll get to stay here because they think taking you away is punishment enough.

To the OP - Stories like this make me scared, LOL.  My dd is almost 2 and already full of sass.  Drives me nuts, I'm terrified of what's in store when she's a teenager!

Quoting faerie75:

hautemama83
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Quoting faerie75:

LMAO! I might have to use that one

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
---Umberto Eco

excougarmama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I was at least 16 or 17 before I became a pain in the Ass to my parents lol.

Quoting marilyn623:

because she's 14 perhaps?? lol. i'm so not looking forward to those years.. i've got a decade to prepare

Quoting excougarmama:

Join me in this group! Learn about finances, offer support and advice! http://www.cafemom.com/group/108534/

Do you really want to call someone out? Tell them what you really think? Do you want to be able to SAY ANYTHING? Well "put on your big girl panties" is the forum for you! We don't delete. We cuss.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/104777

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)