• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ignorance in wal-mart.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

So, I was at wal-mart and I went to get a buggy [yes, i'm from the south, we do not call them carts they are buggies! lol.] When I walked to the buggy, noone was even remotely around me, as i'm backing up ready to swing the buggy the way to push it all of a sudden there are two children there who look to be about five, I said excuse me and this mother comes rushing over and tells them to get back with her because if "that lady hits you with that buggy we are going to have problems." I just stopped, glared at her momentarily to see if anything else was going to come out of her mouth and it didn't so I went about my way. My thinking is.. yes children wonder off sometimes that's understandable, but you were OBVIOUSLY far enough away you had to "rush" to them so why didn't you just stay closer? I in no way intended to just hit her children with my buggy and go off.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joshlor2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM

I am born and raised texas and we call the carts

excougarmama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Arkansas-Buggies

SP_Mama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Quoting joshlor2:

I was born and raised in Texas and we call them buggies.  *L*

OP - I make sure the kids are holding my hands because I can't seeing kids running around so close to a parking lot with no parent around.  It scares me to pieces.

xoxoali
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Um.. ok. 

Quoting joshlor2:

imandia4
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM

PFFFFTTT! That isn't that bad.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Lol born and raised in NC yet I say carts  :)  Besides the point but I think this lady was just looking for trouble. 

Quoting joshlor2:

WickedWonder
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM

i hate walmart. that is why i shop at target. i can't stand the people that come to that store...and the walmart near me isn't very clean..

SamiJ18
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM

We're in Louisiana.  They are buggies here LOL.  I also encounter that sort of stupidity damn near every time I go to Walmart LOL.

xoxoali
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I have two wal-marts near me, I only shop at one which I must say is very clean. The other however.. I just took a friend there once I didn't even go inside so I can't say how the inside is but their was literally paper everywhere in the parking lot. huge sections of newspaper.

Quoting WickedWonder:

i hate walmart. that is why i shop at target. i can't stand the people that come to that store...and the walmart near me isn't very clean..

perfectkitten
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I never let my children wander around a store like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)