Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for young mothers.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:56 PM
  • 47 Replies

Just curious, most times our dads aren't thrilled about it and some even kick you out abandon you disown you things such as that. How did your dad react? I cried the entire way home because I thought my dad was going to be so dissapointed. That's the only time in my life I literally could not look someone in the face. He heard the news and gave me the biggest hug and said "don't worry baby we'll make it through this." He's never had a non supportive bone in his body for me and I'm forever thankful for that.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:57 PM

OH .. I was what i consider myself to be a young mom - but apparently you had "teen mom" more in mind... bump for you

BlessedToBMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:58 PM

My dad lives in another state but he said e were young parents too and you'll be fine, you know the mistakes we made and will be a great mom, he then asked to talk to my dh and congratulated him and told himn it would be ok. Unfortunaly thats the same dad who now moved some horrible woemn s into his house for the last two years and we dont hear from him anymore!:(

xoxoali
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Well, I was 17 when I had my son i'm 22 now and I still consider myself a young mom lol.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

OH .. I was what i consider myself to be a young mom - but apparently you had "teen mom" more in mind... bump for you

jjeanette16
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:06 PM

didnt have a dad around  but my older bros were pissed but they said we will help you and try to help you get ur education but they told me to leave the baby's father and i should have but didnt see though his bs till two years later.

babypinkmms
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM

My dad passed away before I had my kids:( Had my 1st at 17

KristaP13
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:10 PM

He told me not to come back...

We're good now though, but at the time I was 17 and his exact words to my mom were, "If she's pregnant, tell her she can't & better not, come back here."

momofcali3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Shunned me till we wed........we normally talked on the phone once a day, I was in college and 20.

xoxoali
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Wow. I'm sorry to you ladies who had to go through it without the support from your fathers.

serioussifL
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:13 PM

He said something along the lines of "Oh ok. Well sometimes it happens."    He always did have a way with words. But that made me cry   :(    He was across the country anyway, and I hadnt seen my family in almost 2 years. I was 20. 

But to make this a happy ending, he absolutely loved playing with DD this past fall. :D

FranksHoney
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Honestly, I don't know how he felt. He is not one for showing emotions. So he didn't look disapointed or happy or anything in between. But he did tell me that he would support me no matter what. I am forever grateful to my dad. He is one of the most important people in my life. i wish he would be a little more emotional sometimes. I can count on my hands the number of times he has told me he loves me in my life. But I know he does, even if he doesn't say it.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)